cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcmorj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,406
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo S10e bluetooth stopped working - device not found / USB device not recognised.

Hello,

For no reason that I know of, the bluetooth facility on my little S10e has stopped working.

I noticed a couple of times when shutting down I got a "BTstackserver" not responding message.

I use the laptop to regularly download from a bluetooth enabled device.

today, when I go to connect, I am told 'bluetooth device not found'.

'Verify that your bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on'.

The hardware manual shows the LED config and this is correct, If I press 'Fn' and 'F5' keys, I get the menu to turn on and off both the wireless and Bluetooth. I can enable and disable both wireless and Bluetooth with this menu option BUT when I enable bluetooth, I get the message 'One of the USB devices attached to the system has malfunctioned or is not recognised'.

I have removed the installed Bluetooth software and re-installed using both bluetooth install files published on my S10e drivers list on lenovo. Neither one works. I know that you need to install from C:\DRIVERS dir once the installer has finished unpacking.

I have tried various other obvious things but with no success. I also enabled 'Bluetooth co-operation' in the wireless lan settings.

All I can do now is get at the Bluetooth device under the keyboard cover and have a look at that? Anyone got any suggestions before I get the screwdriver out? (The device is out of warranty).

Smiley Sad

Community Moderator Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,394
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo S10e bluetooth stopped working - device not found / USB device not recognised.

Hi, seems like mine BT module  in the one of my X60s , bye bye its gone to electronic graveyard  ...Here you can get a new  S10e BT Module

regards KalvinKlein

Yoga 2 - Yoga tablet 2 - Yoga Home 900 - ThinkPad X220 All Win 10
mcmorj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,391
Message 3 of 6

Re: Lenovo S10e bluetooth stopped working - device not found / USB device not recognised.

Thanks Kalvin,

I am going to re-seat the module first and if that does not help things then I shall look for a replacement.

It does look to me like the actual module has failed.

I have also removed all the bluetooth software and run a registry cleaner (ccleaner) just in case there is something in the registry that is causing the module not to be recognised - very unlikely.

Regards
Joe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,383
Message 4 of 6

you can check safe mode but as kalvinklein said, you need to replace bluetooth hardware.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
mcmorj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,382
Message 5 of 6

Thanks,

I have ordered a replacement bluetooth module, using the link on ebay kindly provided.

I will install and hope this fixes the problem.

Regards
Joe

mcmorj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,307
Message 6 of 6

I received my replacement bluetooth module and having installed it, bluetooth is working again.

I continue to get "BTW Stack Server" has stopped responding when shutting down but this does not seem to cause any problems.

Shame that the original bluetooth module did not survive hardly a month past the warranty end date....

I am used to greater reliability from Lenovo.  Smiley Sad

Top Kudoed Authors