Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkhuzem
What's DOS?
Views: 747
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo S510p battery sucks

Hi,

I bought a Lenovo Ideapad s510 sometime in May this year. Currently, my battery does not even hold for 2 hours. The specs mention that the battery is sure to last for 4-5 hours and it will decrease upon usage. Unfortunately, I have not used it much and my usage would count up to an hour to a couple of hours per day.

I use my laptop for writing and surfing and I do not do anything much that memory or resource consuming, such as playing games.

I tried the gauge reset method a couple of days back and my battery improved only for another 30 minutes, nothing more.

I would like to know if this is the maximum battery backup that this system would provide or is something wrong with my battery??

Is anyone else facing a similar problem ??

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 706
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo S510p battery sucks

Hi Tkhuzem,                           

Welcome to Lenovo Community!        

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the battery as this is giving low backup with your Lenovo S510p laptop.

As you have mentioned that the battery backup is low, try to check with other battery, also try to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI software and restart the system and check for the issue.

Also reinstall the Microsoft ACPI software and check for the issue.

Also try to set the appropriate power plan and check for the issue .

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.                 

Best regards,                       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

tkhuzem
What's DOS?
Views: 700
Message 3 of 4

Hi Ashwin,

I experimented with different power plans, that did not help much though.

As per your suggestions, I will try tackling the problem with the Microsoft ACPI drivers (uninstalling/reinstalling).

I will get back to you with the results.

Thanks

tkhuzem
What's DOS?
Views: 574
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ashwin,

I tried out the suggested methods for improving battery performance. Unfortunately, none have helped. My battery remains the same without any improvement.

The laptop that my office provided me is a Lenovo Thinkpad L440, and I have been using it for the past 1.5 years. Its battery backup amazes me, it goes on for 4.5 to 5 hours. This feature was the major factor that prompted me to buy a Lenovo, which I regret now.I should have gone for Dell.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors