Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SinaaniS
What's DOS?
Views: 115
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo S510p broken headphne jack

My S510p's headphone jack is damaged due to physical impact as depicted in the photo below, now the headphone plug keeps falling out (I have to hold it in place for it to work properly).

What do I do? Is the headphone jack on the main board in this model? Can it be repaired?

photo_2016-11-02_13-59-32.jpg

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 102
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo S510p broken headphne jack

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Yes, the audio jack can be replaced.  On your model the USB / Audio board is separate from the motherboard. 

I assume that your warranty is no longer active.  If so, the repair can be done at any computer repair center.  If you are comfortable working inside your laptop the repair is relatively easy and can be done in one afternoon.  If by chance your warranty is still active then I would recommend you contact Lenovo Support for additional assistance or contact a local Best Buy store to see if they are an authorized Lenovo service center.

Lenovo Support - USA
1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

Page #51 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual explains how to replace the USB / Audio board.  Here is a link to that manual for your reference........

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_s410ps410ptouchs510ps510ptouch_hmm.pdf

Here is a sampling of the available parts on eBay....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlenovo+s510p+audio...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors