Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stribeck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 660
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo S530 13IWL Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

Hey, 

yesterday I received my S530-13IWL Notebook and it looks great. I bought it without an operation system so I used an USB stick with windows 10 to install it. So far no problems, touchpad working, keyboard working, WiFi working after downloaded the driver from Lenovo. But after everything was set up, I started so search for windows updates and it did download a lot of stuff and the pc had to restart. But after that, the keyboard stopped working. Sometimes at the start I can press FN + Space to enable and disable the keyboard lightning, other keys won't work.

In device manager everything's fine but the PS/2 Keyboard. It says code 10 and sometimes code 12. 

After hours of googling I wasn't able to find a solution which is working. I've set the 'Start' value of the 'i8042prt' in regedit from 3 to 1 and installed windows again for a few times. The keyboard still isn't working. 

I've tried all drivers from this page (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-s-series-netbooks/s530-13iw...) except for the BIOS driver.

I read about disconnecting the battery but I don't want to open the case. An external keyboard is working.

I need a notebook really quick and the lenovo S530 is already the second one after the first had problems with its fan and a pixel error. If there is no solution I have to send it back since there is no time for a repair. 

Do one of you guys have any solution or hints for me?

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers, Chris

Stribeck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 646
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo S530 13IWL Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

Nevermind. There is no need to help me anymore, I'm going to return this Laptop. 

(Why had my post to be viewed before it was public? Took few hours..)

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 412
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo S530 13IWL Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

The keyboard will also not work in the bios.

So you mast enabling backflash using USB external one.

Download a new latest bios from lenovo.

No need old version but do not pick zip it corrupt it.

Run the EXE file from Windows.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors