Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aribolini
Not applicable
Views: 292
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo S531 20B0 The 1703 update has blocked the system

Hi, The Windows 10 1703 update has blocked the system and I can no longer go back to 1607. Practically I can not do anything about the system crashed. I tried to reinstall Windows 10 again but the system hangs. I think it's a graphics card problem because windows 10 optimizes the graphics to best resolution. How can I install Windows 10 without the graphical optimization and install a low-resolution version? Or: is there a version of Windows 10 installed with the graphics drivers for my notebook S531?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention.

Alberto

Krakken
Not applicable
Views: 229
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo S531 20B0 The 1703 update has blocked the system

Hello Aribolini

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Try a factory reset, this should rule out any software related issues with the unit.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine

1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.

If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
aribolini
Not applicable
Views: 221
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo S531 20B0 The 1703 update has blocked the system

Thank you very much. Notebook restore reports windows 7 but I installed the windows 10 1607. I would like to start with a Windows 10 installation but I would need a low resolution installation to install the correct drivers for AMD RADEON because I think the problem is on Graphic card. Thanks in advance for kind attention

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors