Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CalciumKid
Paper Tape
Views: 871
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo U400- Battery Life

Hey Guys,

I've bought Lenovo U400 I think a year ago and I've read some reviews about the battery life. They wrote that the battery life is 6 hour and 15 minutes, mine is 2 hourse and few minutes. I would like to know how it is possible.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 848
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo U400- Battery Life

Hi CalciumKid

Welcome to the Forums!

The following KB article could help with your issue.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Optimizing-battery-run-time-and-battery-l...

One of our gurus, Zehnsteine, also provided this tip, which may help:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Y460p-battery-draining-too-fast-also-charging...

Hope the above helped, and please DO come back to post results so that others can know what worked for you Smiley Happy

serene

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 842
Message 3 of 5

CalciumKid,

Note that battery life varies depending on what brightness the screen settings are on, WLAN / BlueTooth / WWAN, external devices plugged in and the usage of the CPU.

Hope that helps. You can also try setting the PC to energy saving mode in Lenovo Energy Management too to improve battery life.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
CalciumKid
Paper Tape
Views: 667
Message 4 of 5

When my battery is 25% charged, it shows that I can use it for 40 minutes. That means that when its 100 % I can use it for 160 minutes.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 661
Message 5 of 5

CalciumKid,

Try turning off WLAN, BlueTooth, brightness settings to low then use only applications such as MS Word and you will see that the battery can last longer. You can try disabling Windows AERO too, that would reduce the need for the processor to make the Windows look pretty.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors