Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zarkiel
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo U41-70 - I need help with my laptop's startup problem

Hello. It all started I guess when I removed a flashed drived prematurely, without ejecting it safely. After doing that, my bluescreens appeared every time I open my laptop and run it for like 5 minutes, then a bluescreen pops out, after the third time it showed up. Now, it loops into the boot menu. I tried using a flashdrive with a Win10 IOS on it for the repair my computer option nd any options I tried in the Advanced options like the Startup repair, System restore point etc. Nothing works. Also, what made me forced fo use that flash drive method was because the System Recovery in the NOVO button doesnt work as well. It redirects me to the boot menu. Please I need help

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 63
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo U41-70 - I need help with my laptop's startup problem

If I were to take a guess from what you are describing, I would say that your computer's hard drive has failed.     Ejecting a flash drive prematurely can cause you to lose data that was open but not saved prior to ejecting, but it will not cause blue screens etc.

If it is still under warranty Lenovo would replace the drive, but they will not back up your data, so if you have data on the drive that you want to save, I would recommend mounting the drive as a second drive in another system and seeing if you can save your data, or if you are not comfortable in doing so, have a good computer shop do it for you.

Best of luck,

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 61
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo U41-70 - I need help with my laptop's startup problem

Hi Zarkiel! Welcome to the community forums. If the System Recovery option via Novo Button is not working, it's possible that the OS hidden partition on the hard drive is already corrupted. Where did you get the Windows 10 OS installed on your USB flash drive? You might want to access first the BIOS, (here's how https://lnv.gy/2F7Sa5g) and check if the hard drive is still detected. If the hard drive is not anymore detected, it's a hardware failure on the hard drive and it needs to be replaced.

If the hard drive is still detected, you can create your own Windows 10 installation media from here https://lnv.gy/2F6SukD to reinstall your Windows 10 OS since the System Recovery is not working anymore.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors