Did you mean: 
Etus
What's DOS?
Views: 268
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo U410 Hard-Drive heating

Hello,

I own a Lenovo U410 touchpad.

I'm very pleased with the computer however I'm suffering from HDD heating up a lot.

Two months ago, only after 6 months of owing the computer, the HDD crashed and I lost all data on the computer. It was (and still) under warranty so I sent it to the lab and they replace the HDD after verifying it has indeed crashed.

I don't know the reason of the HDD crashing, but ever since I've been monitoring the HDD temperature and it's way of charts. When I run several programs at once (and I feel like I should say I'm also running a virtual machine which is of course power consuming), the HDD runs over 55C. I even bought a coolpad and it lowers it only to 50C which is still way above the normal temperature a HDD should run on.

The right hand-side of the computer is heating up a lot more than the other parts.

I've seen a few messages on this subject on this forum, and I'm afraid the HDD would crash again.

I'd like to see a comment from Lenovo on this subject or maybe some tips.

Thanks,

Yuval Sarna

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 249
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo U410 Hard-Drive heating

@Etus wrote:

Hello,

I own a Lenovo U410 touchpad.

I'm very pleased with the computer however I'm suffering from HDD heating up a lot.

Two months ago, only after 6 months of owing the computer, the HDD crashed and I lost all data on the computer. It was (and still) under warranty so I sent it to the lab and they replace the HDD after verifying it has indeed crashed.

I don't know the reason of the HDD crashing, but ever since I've been monitoring the HDD temperature and it's way of charts. When I run several programs at once (and I feel like I should say I'm also running a virtual machine which is of course power consuming), the HDD runs over 55C. I even bought a coolpad and it lowers it only to 50C which is still way above the normal temperature a HDD should run on.

The right hand-side of the computer is heating up a lot more than the other parts.

I've seen a few messages on this subject on this forum, and I'm afraid the HDD would crash again.

I'd like to see a comment from Lenovo on this subject or maybe some tips.

Thanks,

Yuval Sarna

One of the benefits of an SSD is that it is cooler than HDD. So you might want to replace the HDD with an SSD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors