Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razmarin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,302
Message 1 of 28

Lenovo U410 Intel SRT technology

Good day. More recently became the proud owner Ultrabook Lenovo U410 core i3. Out of the box I was a Windows 8 64-bit. Technology Intel Smart Response (hybrid drive) has not been implemented. I decided to unleash the full potential of the laptop. To do this:
1) I downloaded the OS Windows 8 64bit Single languarge
2) I downloaded the driver Raid-Array (https://downloadcent...x?DwnldID=22194)
3) Set in Bios mode Raid
4) Carry out a "clean" installation of Windows 8 (with area ssd-drive left no marked-up)
5) Install Intel Rapid Start Technology.
6) Press the "Speed" - and after a few minutes was an unknown error where you are requested to reboot a computer. and try again

Trying to turn the acceleration is the third day, spent about 5 different system settings and it did not work,

What am I doing wrong - I can not understand. Someone has such a model, and how you turned this "chip".

Another question - is it possible to simultaneously use Smart Response Technology and Rapid Start Technology?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,235
Message 2 of 28

Re: Lenovo U410 Intel SRT technology

hi razmarin,

Welcome to the Forums.

If your computer have the 32GB mSATA SSD, check this thread:

The Guide on How To Reformat, Repartition AND Get RapidStart & RapidStorage Working

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

razmarin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,210
Message 3 of 28

I have 24 gb ssd. I want to enable caching on the SSD (Intel Rapid smart tehnology). This documentation tells a different story.

The Guide on How To Reformat, Repartition AND Get RapidStart & RapidStorage Working

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,192
Message 4 of 28

hi razmarin,

When you installed Windows 8, did you loaded up the RAID drivers eventhough you see the HDD that are listed? (see this thread).

AFAIK, you can install both Intel Smart Response Technology and Intel Rapid Start Technology provided that the SSD can accomodate the space that it requires to run the app (Intel Smart Response uses a minimum of 18.6GB and Intel Rapid Start depends on the RAM (if you have 4GB RAM, the hibernation partition should be equal or larger than the amount of memory in the system).

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

razmarin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,152
Message 5 of 28

Thank you for your help. I set the BIOS settings in RAD mode. In the process of installing the operating system installed the driver RAD (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22194). In the menu Intel Rapid Storage Technology has a point "accelerate". When I activate it, then there is an unknown error. That's all.

Operating system in RAD mode I reinstalled several times.

The configuration of the laptop 14 "LENOVO IdeaPad U410, Intel Core i3 3217U, 1.8GHz, 4GB, 500GB, 24GB SSD, nVidia GeForce 610M - 1024 MB, Windows 8.
It supports caching SSD?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,142
Message 6 of 28

Hi
As far as i know, this configuration should support caching.
And this guide is for the same purpose and i think is more reliable too.
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/The-Guide-on-How-To-Reformat-Repartition-AN...
By the way, is the new partition made in the ssd is the size of the ram?
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
razmarin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,113
Message 7 of 28

Unfortunately nothing has helped.
When I try to enable caching of the message.

Снимок1.PNG

Снимок1.PNG

When I bought this laptop mode RAD ball not included. On windows 8, you can turn caching on the SSD. Maybe it only supports windows 7.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,090
Message 8 of 28

hi razmarin,

It seems that you repartitioned the the SSD drive into two (4GB and 19GB) and the Intel Smart Response Technology app is only detecting the 4GB one.

Can you try to:

1. Close all applications

2. Run command prompt as administrator and type:

a. diskpart

b. list disk

c. sel disk 1 (where disk 1 is your SSD drive)

d. clean

e. exit

3. Open the Intel SRT application and enable acceleration (configure it to use all the 24GB SSD space) and test.

Let me know your findings,

neokenchi

razmarin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,076
Message 9 of 28

Follow the steps. result of an action is not brought. Why when buying a laptop in the BIOS mode was ACHI? So initially there was not tuned caching ssd.

Снимок.PNG

Снимок1.PNG

I just can not find a driver for the device. Perhaps the reason for this?

Снимок3.PNG

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,061
Message 10 of 28

hi razmarin,

Can you try to re-initialize the SSD as there's probably wrong on how the way it was set up (it's weird that it still shows 3855MB after you performed a clean command on the SSD and shows the correct size of 22GB after a second list disk query).

To re-initialize the drive:

1.  Inside WIndows, open an elevated command prompt and type bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes (this will enable tthe F8 boot menu that we need later)

2. Press Winkey+R > type msconfig. On the msconfig window, go to the Boot tab and change the Timeout to 3secs.

Spoiler
msconfig.jpg

3. Boot in to the BIOS and under the Configuration Tab, set SATA Controller Working Mode to AHCI then press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

4. Upon restart, you will see the boot menu, Press F10 > Troubleshoot > Command Prompt and type:

a. diskpart

b. list disk

c. sel disk 0 (where disk 0 is your SSD drive)

d. clean

e. offline disk

f. exit

5. Repeat Step 3 but this time, set SATA Conroller Mode to RAID then press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

6. Boot into WIndows and reconfigure Intel RST. If there's no acceleration tab showing, check this guide.

7. If everything works, you can revert the changes on Step 2 by typing bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no on an elevated command prompt. 

Also, the ACPI\VEN\+AOA&DEV_2011 can be resolved by installing the Lenovo Energy Management driver:

Lenovo Energy Management
Windows 8 32/64bit

em8.0.2.3.exe
45.4MB

Let me know your findings,

neokenchi

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals