Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

09-24-2012

Auckland, New Zealand

18 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 41 of 47

Re: Lenovo U410 Ideapad Touchpad not responsive!

2013-04-16, 0:43 AM

Fixed the cursor freeze on key press at last! 

1. Open Control Panel

2. Open Mouse

3. Navigate to "Device Settings" tab. 

4. Click on the "Settings" button.

5. Scroll down to "Pointing" and expand it. 

6. Scroll down to "Sensitivity" and expand it. 

7. Select "Palm Check" and set value to "Minimum"! 

That is it! You can now use your keyboard and touchpad simutaneously. 

Options

3 Posts

03-18-2013

Nehterlands

4 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 42 of 47

Re: Lenovo U410 Ideapad Touchpad not responsive!

2013-10-27, 17:33 PM
Didn"t work for me
Options

8 Posts

12-14-2013

United States

14 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 43 of 47

Re: Unable to connect to the Synaptics pointing device driver

2013-12-16, 17:50 PM

FWIW I was having problems with the U410 touchpad (Win 8.1) acting erratically and the Synaptics driver crashing (and also acting like it was cutting in out and periodically even when it wasn't crashed).

I heard that installing the latest drivers from the Synaptics web site helps.  But the latest drivers wouldn't install at all due to some kind of a problem with windows driver signing.

However I did find these more recent version 17 drivers from Synaptics that seem to work better than the version 16 ones Lenovo has on its download site for the U410:

http://www.ryukent.com/2013/11/fixed-install-synaptics-touchpad-driver-windows-8-1/

You can download the drivers direct from the Synaptics web site here--but again, be warned that right now (ver 17.0.19) there seems to be some kind of a driver signing problem with Win8.1 and these ver 17.0.19 drivers won't install (and even worse they don't give a helpful error message when the install fails):

http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

I will add--even after installing the drivers it took a fair bit of tweaking all the settings until I am satisfied with the results.  I turn off 'tapping' altogether as having it turned on just seems to result in unintentionally clicking and selecting sections of text all over the placed.  I also turn palm guard/Smart Sense WAY up but under 'pointing' I turn touch sensitivity way down to 'light touch'.

Under the Ver 17 driver there doesn't seem to be a way to change the sensitivity of the click motion, and to me it seems like that is too hard and misses lots of clicks.  But setting touch sensitivity to light touch seems (?) to help that.

And . . . at least these synaptics drivers seem to run reliably, save the settings that I make, and generally work correctly.  Whereas the Lenovo driver download wouldn't save the settings and crashed often under Win 8.1.

After installing these drivers and tweaking etc I'm actually quite pleased with how the U410 touchpad works, including 2-finger scrolling, rotating, slide-ins, no accidental 'palm clicking or selecting' etc.

Whereas previously with the Ver 16 drivers the touchpad was driving me crazy.

Options

8 Posts

12-14-2013

United States

14 Signins

88 Page Views

• Message 44 of 47

2013-12-16, 18:13 PM

FYI when you lose the two-fingered scrolling Win 8 slide-in gestures, and the like, that is a sign that the Lenovo/Synaptics driver isn't working at all and you have reverted to the underlying Windows mouse driver.

I had the feeling that with the Lenovo drivers this was happening constantly--ie, stuttering back & forth between Synaptics drivers & the default windows mouse driver.  After a period of this, the synaptics driver would often fail altogether.

But even when it was supposedly working, the various features would work, stop working, etc unpredictably, like the Win 8 & Lenovo drivers were sort of stuttering back & forth.

With the Ver 17 drivers straight from Synaptics and Win 8.1, these problems don't seem to happen--so far, anyway!

Options

12 Posts

09-24-2012

Auckland, New Zealand

18 Signins

129 Page Views

• Message 45 of 47

2013-12-16, 18:17 PM

I was facing similar stuttering as well and funny as it may seem, there was some kind of an interference from a nearby mobile phone charging cable or mobile phone itself. Once the cable, my cell phone and all other electrical devices were moved away from the laptop, the stuttering seemed to vanish. 

Hope that helps. 

Options

12 Posts

09-24-2012

Auckland, New Zealand

18 Signins

129 Page Views

• Message 46 of 47

2013-12-16, 18:20 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention, reappeared when brought closer. I was able to replicate this many times, until some random driver update I did sorted the issue.
Options

8 Posts

12-14-2013

United States

14 Signins

88 Page Views

• Message 47 of 47

2013-12-16, 18:28 PM

I've had similar problems with a cell phone and a wireless keyboard.  It seems unusual that it would happen with the touchpad (which is presumably wired rather than wireless) but I'm sure it's possible.  Various phones will also make noises on nearby computer speakers when placed in certain locations.  So they can definitely put out electromagnetic  interference that can affect other devices under certain conditions.

I've also had touchscreen problems with a phone when it was plugged in via a certain charger.  The touchscreen just stopped working entirely until was unplugged from the charger.  In that case I attributed the problem to grounding issues.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms