Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ATilly11
What's DOS?
Views: 309
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo U430 Battery problems

A couple days ago I left my laptop plugged in to charge overnight. Before I went to sleep I noticed my laptop screen brightness flashing (like someone was plugging the charger in and out rapidly) but didn't know what was going on so I turned the computer off and went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I found out the my laptop had not been charging all night and was now dead. I checked the cord and found nothing wrong with it and checked the connection to the outlet and the laptop and found nothing wrong with either. So later that day I took the laptop with my to school and plugged it into several different outlets again with no success. I left it alone and didn't touch it the next day. The next day I went to school again and tried a different outlet and this time it started charging! It got up to about 40% before the screen started flashing again (like the charger was being plugged in and out rapidy) and ceased when I unplugged the charger and the flashing ceased but so did the charging. Again even when I plugged in the charger it wouldn't work. I again checked the cords and tried several outlets (including the one I previously plugged it into and it worked) and nothing happened. Right now my laptop is plugged into a new outlet turned off and when I plugged it in the batery light on the side started flashing red and when I turned it on it was still not charging. I've done some basic troubleshooting but nothing has worked thus far. I could really use some help.

CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 287
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo U430 Battery problems

Hi ATilly11,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Apparently your AC adapter cannot charge your machine, so please make sure you are using the right AC adapter. 

Referring to your machine maintenance manual guide your AC adapter should be 65W and if you use a lower wattage it cannot charge the machine. 

Please check the following: 

1. Check all the connection part of your AC adapter (power cord, the AC adapter male connector to the machine) and make sure all are healthy 

2. check your machine power connection port and make sure is healthy. 

3.Swap your AC adapter to another machine and see whether it can charge the other computers

4. Use another same AC adapter for charging your computer and see whether it charged. 

Regards,

**If the issue has been resolved please, mark me as solution provided to help others find the solution easily and click the Kudos.**

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors