Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluefire
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,081
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo U430 Wifi extremely slow

Hello, 

Two days ago I bought the Lenovo U430 touch. After I started the Notebook the first time, I started immediately the Windows 10 upgrade. Afterwards I made a wifi speedtest. I have a VDSL 50 internet connection by Telekom. On my Desktop PC i have usually Download Speedrates from about 43 Mbit/s. But with my Lenovo U430 i have only 0,1 to 10 Mbit/s. That's extremely slow for me. I also updated the Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260 with the newest Drivers from Intel. I have installed the 18.33.0.2 version, but that neither didn't change anything. I have still only a maximum download Speed of 10 Mbit/s . I also tried to start the U430 with Ubuntu and test there the Wifi Speed, but also on Ubuntu I had only a maximum Download Speed of 10 Mbit/s. So what can I do to improve my download speed. 

Thank you in andance for your replies Smiley Wink

bluefire
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,028
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo U430 Wifi extremely slow

I fixed my problem with the slow wifi by myself. After i browsed "thousands" of panels. I found a useful entry. There was listed, that you should change the frequency of your router. So I did and spontaneously the download speed increased to 43 Mbit/s. The router sended before in 2.4 Ghz and  5.0 Ghz at the same time. I changed my router configuration to only 2.4 Ghz and that fixed my problem.

Maybe that's is helpful for someone else, who has the same Problem like me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals