Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrenochrom
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo U430Touch + loud buzzing fan

Hi,

i own my u430Touch 3 Weeks now and the system fan is real buzzing direct after starting the system, is this normal ?

while the Noise comes from the upper right side (near the Powerconnector), i think this must be the Systemfan.

There is no other Programm startet.

any ideas please ?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 311
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo U430Touch + loud buzzing fan

hi Adrenochrom,

Your right, the system fan is located on the right side of the unit.

- Link to picture

If the buzzing noise is loud and doesn't stop then this isn't a normal behaviour. Did you noticed this out of the box or it just happened recently?

If the issue started happening out of the box then it might be a thermal configuration in the BIOS that's making the fan spins at a high RPM (in normal conditions, the fan tries to dissipate the heat out that's comming from the CPU/GPU -- which causes the buzzing sound).

Otherwise, it's most likely a malfunctioning fan. In this case, I recommend you contact lenovo and report the problem.

Things that you can check::

1. Temperature of the system (eg. via HWMonitor or similar software)

2. CPU load (eg. via Task Manager)

3. If applicable, the Fan speed (eg via HWMonitor, Aida64 Extreme, or similar software)

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Adrenochrom
Paper Tape
Views: 301
Message 3 of 4

Hey Neonkenchi,

thanks a lot for your answer !

<If the buzzing noise is loud and doesn't stop then this isn't a normal behaviour.>

i belive you mean "...and it does stop after a while"

the temperatures seams to be ok, but i havn`t found a tool which reads the fans speed.

i also can`t remember if this behavior was from the beginning.

so far the notebook was running the whole day now and it was very loud tafter booting the system, but then after a while (perhaps 10 - 15 minutes) it was really quit.

i will check the BIOS again but i think there wasn`t an entry to change the fans speed.

i also will have a closer look these days and hope that my fan is in good health ;-)

again, THANK YOU !

Adrenochrom
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 4 of 4

Hey Neonkenchi,

the Fan is stil to loud for my ears.

it starts a short while after booting the system and log into windows 8.1.

nothing else ist startet.

i really don`t know if this is a normal behavior.

you can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/adrenochrom/u430touch-fannoisemp3

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors