Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GotAway
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo U530 Windows 8.1 flashing screen issue

My computer's screen keeps flashing off then on when I plug/unplug the power cord. This only tarted happening recently. Not sure why. The only thing that I could think of that would cause it was the windows update my computer performed last night when I shut the machine down. Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on. This computer is fairly new too. Maybe only a month old.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 288
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo U530 Windows 8.1 flashing screen issue

@GotAway wrote:

My computer's screen keeps flashing off then on when I plug/unplug the power cord. This only tarted happening recently. Not sure why. The only thing that I could think of that would cause it was the windows update my computer performed last night when I shut the machine down. Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on. This computer is fairly new too. Maybe only a month old.

If you mean plug the power cord then unplug it a few seconds later you are stressing the power adapter and simulating a power surge which can damaged your unit.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 286
Message 3 of 6

there should be some restore points that could use. could you please give a shot? it's probably windows update and removing the recent updates may fix the problem

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
GotAway
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 4 of 6

No, I’m talking about charging it then unplugging the chord when the charge is complete. I’m not furiously inserting/removing the chord like a deranged child..

GotAway
Paper Tape
Views: 264
Message 5 of 6

Im not too sure how to restore my computer. Are the resotre points you are talking about automatically made by the computer or do I have to set them manually myself? Because if the latter then I won't have any restore points. And if it is the former then will I lose any data (besides the update)?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 254
Message 6 of 6

you could just go to windows update section and remove the windows updates you've recently installed.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Top Kudoed Authors