07-15-2019

US

12 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo (beijing) Notebook ITS Service (what is it!?) S340

2019-08-16, 17:25 PM

Installed in c:\windows\system32  as lnbitssvc.exe and along with Lenovo Modern.ImController (which at least doesn't indicate (beijing) included on Idea Pad S340 

Can't find any info on the lnbitssvc.exe or why it's there and included in (hidden) Task Scheduler.

My guess is  ln=Lenovo  bits=background intelligent transfer service svc=service

so further guessing it provides a way for Lenovo(beijing) to silently transfer stuff.

Me not interested in silently transferring anything to anyone without some explanation of what, why, when, etc.

In my opion - every PC owner should get

Autoruns (from Microsoft / sysinternals) which provides way to see and control what runs at startup, or on schedule, etc

ProcessExplorer (same source as above - better utility to see what's going on in real time)

And - I like Windows 10 Firewall Control from Sphinx-Software - which provides a usable front-end to Windows Firewall and allows you to really control what apps and services can send data/telemetry/make connections over internet.

Make a backup / restore point, and start taking some control over what your pc sends out.

I'm disabling LNBITSSvc.exe and Lenovo Modern Im.Controller from network access and running at all - will see if there's any effect other than better performance.....

(Also uninstalled all the McAfee scamware/adware disguised as cybersecurity only to find thanks to Autoruns it doesn't uninstall McAfee System Security Check Dashboard service)

Options

17 Posts

01-19-2011

US

119 Signins

827 Page Views

• Views: 827
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo (beijing) Notebook ITS Service (what is it!?) S340

2019-08-16, 22:49 PM

ITS is the thermal control model (Intelligent Thermal Solution) and it runs as a system process through Lenovo Vantage. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete