English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-08-2018

US

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ideapad 100S-can't type in any numbers in the password box ,cant login.

2018-12-08, 7:05 AM

Hello ,

I am not able to login to my lenovo ideapad 100s , Windows 10 OS, S/N-#########. When I switch on my pc, it displays "Please wait" for a long time , say 5-7 minutes, then the login screen appears. But I cant type any nemeric or special characters. Only some alphabets are allowed. The power/wireless buttons on the screen appears, but nothing happens, if i click on it, or right click on it.  Kindly help.

Thank you.

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.

Machine Type Model  80R2001FUS

Options

434 Posts

08-02-2018

US

388 Signins

1696 Page Views

• Views: 1696
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad 100S-can't type in any numbers in the password box ,cant login.

2018-12-12, 10:56 AM

Hi kaushik_98052! 

Welcome to the Lenovo group discussion! 

Please try the steps below: 

1. Access the BIOS page on the laptop, see the steps here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 on how to access it. 

2. Once the BIOS page is up, press the Fn+F9 keys or the F9 key to load default settings. After that, press the Fn+F10 keys or the F10 key to exit saving changes. The laptop will reboot automatically and check if you can log-in to your account. Update us back with the result. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

12 Posts

10-09-2018

IE

52 Signins

421 Page Views

• Views: 421
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad 100S-can't type in any numbers in the password box ,cant login.

2018-12-12, 13:45 PM

Had exactly the same symptoms last night with an Ideapad 330.

Two things changed on the computer that are relevant. The first was a BIOS upgrade, which appeared to be OK, though there were problems with the PIN on signon, and later in the evening Windows Update installed a major update (1809), and after that, it was not possible to sign in. After a lot of attempts at different things, I was able to get into Recovery Mode, and backed out the 1809 update, and reverted to 1803. That has fixed the issue for now, but i don't know if it's a BIOS issue, a Windows issue, or a compatibility between the BIOS and 1809 that has not been seen before.

Whichever it is, I was considerably less than impressed with the way that I went from a working system to a brick without much option to do anything about it, the update didn't even give me a chance to take backups before it installed and then updated. That's a very cavalier attitude from Microsoft.

If you can, I would suggest trying to get into recovery mode and wind out the most recent update, and see if that fixes the issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete