IN

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ideapad S510p left hinge broken need cover body

2016-10-01, 8:51 AM

Hi All,

Lenovo ideapad S510p left hinge broken need cover body. I visited few Lenovo service center but no center has S510P body cover. If someone knows from where I can get it please suggest. Location Pune\Mumbai India.

Rakesh

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ideapad S510p left hinge broken need cover body

2016-10-01, 13:42 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you tried eBay or Amazon?  I've found eBay is a good source for parts on older laptops here in the U.S..

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

3 Posts

11-26-2016

US

4 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-11-26, 16:12 PM

I have the exact same problem, same left hinge(was getting stiffer and stiffer over time) and now the cracked cover.  I have been reading all morning of the issues with Lenovo products, the poor quality and poor support of their inherint issues.  Even in this one they send you to Ebay to fix it yourself.

I see all the frustrated users with issues on previous models and class action lawsuits on hinge and screen issues but unfortunately this S510P is not covered under those lawsuits.  I have to carefully research a replacement cover, possibly the entire touchscreen and even more importantly replacing the poor quality FAILED hinges which caused the issue in the first place!!!  Reading the frustration with Lenovo quality but even much much more disappointment and extreme frustration with Lenovo customer support.  Only one person from the Lenovo Technical Resolution, Pervasive Issues was listening and even thought of helping.   She brought some credibitlity and relief to all those users.  Kudo's to her!

I have been a long time HP buyer at home for the last 15-20 years and have never had these issues, we have had excellent customer support and even with quality issues, the company owned up and resolved issues.  But at work quite a few people were mentioning Lenovo so I went this way this time as there was not an HP model available at the time.  WHAT A MISTAKE!  The technical support of Lenovo is good and finding answers to touchpad issues, firmware upgrades and stabilizing the laptop with issues was great.  But this Customer Support of the quality issues is VERY POOR and disappointing.  We have been historically a Dell shop at work and Dell has "own up" because of the huge volumes of units we purchase and leadership has thought of switching to Lenovo but with these quality and support issues, I would highly discourage that change in direction based on my home experience.

Looks like I am on my own for either cobbling this machine back together or costly repairs to get it back into original order.  One thing FOR SURE is I am headed back to HP for future home purchases and good luck to you sir on fixing your machine in India!  

MC

Options

3 Posts

11-26-2016

US

4 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-11-26, 16:18 PM

See these posts

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-s510p-touch-top-cover-broken-top-cover-needed-very/m-p/2057757

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save