Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mulic3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 503
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ideapad S540 14IWL - HDMI port does not work

So I bought  a new s540 without an os. Installed Windows 10, ran automatic updates, installed other drivers manually etc...

When I connect the laptop to an external monitor nothing happens - trying on different monitors and cables.

I thought I had a damaged product so went back to the store for a replacement. A few days later I got the replacement - same exact problem. The sales representative said it is probbly a problem with the whole line. Is that so? I just returned it to get my money back. Is it a known problem? I see that I'm not the only one having this problem. I've been a Lenovo user for most of my life and would like to remain one. Can you please suggest a fix? I'm not going to buy another s540 / ideapad model until I can find a solution. 

Thanks, 

Samuel

ashton_r1
What's DOS?
Views: 296
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ideapad S540 14IWL - HDMI port does not work

I just solved this issue. After installing Windows and all updates and drivers (since I bought a freeDOS) I could not get the hdmi to work. After reading the forums, I went into BIOS settings, under BOOT, and changed "Legacy Boot" to "UEFI". Started up the Laptop and hdmi was working perfectly!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors