Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktruong7
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ideapad u410 plugged in, not charging, battery depleted

Hi, 

I have a lenovo ideapad u410, it is about 2 years old now, and I've been having charging problems. This started last year, where my laptop would be plugged in and down on the battery icon it would say that it's "plugged in, not charging." The battery would deplete completely, and when I try to charge it, the light would just blink.

This eventually went away after about a month, I didn't do anything, and I could use my laptop again. However now it's back, at first I thought it was my charger, but I removed my battery and plugged it in and I can use my laptop without the battery. I tried to replace the battery, but it still did not charge. When I plug it in with a battery in the laptop, it will only blink a few times then stop entirely. Do I need to download any battery management drivers? I don't know what the problem is.

klau
Paper Tape
Views: 818
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad u410 plugged in, not charging, battery depleted

I have my U410 Touch for 10 months now.  It always charged to 100 % but starting a couple days ago it only charged up to 90% and stoppped.  I called Technical support as I am still within warranty, they told me to perform the  the battery gauge, but it did not work.  Then they asked me to reinstall the battery driver and the energy management software but it is still not working not charging to 100%.  They now suggest to me to do one key recovey to reset to the factory setting to see if it works.  If not, they said I can send back the computer for service.  I am not sure if I should do the one key recovery becaue I will loose all my files and etc.  I am skeptical if this will work?  Any suggestion?  Should I just tell them I will send back the computer to Lenovo to fix the problem but then I will not have the computer for at least two weeks. ....

Silkworm
What's DOS?
Views: 546
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad u410 plugged in, not charging, battery depleted

My U410 bty problem started a few weeks ago.  Even when the battery charging icon shows charging, the bty continued to drain.  I thought it was OK until the PC just ran out of bty power.  I had to remove the back cover, unplug the bty as well as the CMOS bty before I could power up with the AC adapter and bty disconnected.

Then I decided to update whatever drivers and softwares as a precaitionary measure.  The problem went away.  Several days later, the bty drainin issue reappeared.  Even when the AC adapter is plugged in, the bty drained.  I had to unpluf the bty but I did not unplug the CMOS bty.  I could boot up with AC and with the bty disconnected. 

I do not know what is wrong but I am suspecting the Lenovo Power Management Option software.  The problem I described above happened at least 2 times, maybe 3 when I had the 60% bty protection turned on.

I just turned the 60% bty life option off.  Let me see if the problems disappears.

Top Kudoed Authors