Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 21 of 31

Re: Lenovo's VERY Poor Customer Service

2013-08-09, 11:12 AM

Then you will need to go through the same route as you previously did.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

10 Posts

08-08-2013

UK

12 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 22 of 31

2013-08-09, 15:20 PM

Just an update. I tried a number of times to get through to customer service and was told there is no such department at Lenovo by the switchboard. There is a Complaints Department apparently but they do not have a direct phone line (incredible!). By a system of trial and error I established that the way to proceed is to call the Sales Department and ask for the person who deals with post-sales issues. Make your complaint to him/her and say you wish to make a formal complaint, which you then email to lenovo.en.cs@digitalriver.com.

It's that straightforward.

Options

6 Posts

02-20-2014

Ohio

7 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 23 of 31

2014-02-20, 4:27 AM
I need help from Lenovo. Really I need a refund as soon as possible so I can buy a system that functions from a brand that actually has a repair center instead of a mythological place they take your computer to. Seriously, Lenovo has hands down the worst customer service and product backing of any company I have ever dealt with in my entire life and I will never ever eve buy Lenovo again, not only because I am dissatisfied with the computer, but because I am more astounded by the lack of efficiency of the company as a whole and the elementary level of communication and lack of service or care for whether a customer is pleased with their services or not. You guys need to start over from scratch or sell your company now before it goes under. Nothing but bad literature on repairs and service will eventually spread to all consumers and no one is going to buy your products if they know the manufacturer won't even back what they produce.
Options

6 Posts

02-20-2014

Ohio

7 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 24 of 31

2014-02-20, 4:34 AM
Andy, since you seem to respond, I need help. I must speak with someone other than the reps I get on the service phone number as they are nice, but useless in answering any questions I have about my yoga 11s which has been in repair for far too long and I have decided I want a refund, how do I go about getting a refund? It's the single only thing Lenovo could possibly do to make it up to me.
Options

1462 Posts

08-03-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

12031 Signins

308224 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 308224
  • Message 25 of 31

2014-02-20, 5:41 AM

wrote:
I need help from Lenovo. Really I need a refund as soon as possible so I can buy a system that functions from a brand that actually has a repair center instead of a mythological place they take your computer to. Seriously, Lenovo has hands down the worst customer service and product backing of any company I have ever dealt with in my entire life and I will never ever eve buy Lenovo again, not only because I am dissatisfied with the computer, but because I am more astounded by the lack of efficiency of the company as a whole and the elementary level of communication and lack of service or care for whether a customer is pleased with their services or not. You guys need to start over from scratch or sell your company now before it goes under. Nothing but bad literature on repairs and service will eventually spread to all consumers and no one is going to buy your products if they know the manufacturer won't even back what they produce.

Hi Vinao

Could you please check your Inbox? Dropped you a PM.

Serene

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

53 Posts

02-08-2013

Australia

38 Signins

649 Page Views

• Views: 649
  • Message 26 of 31

2014-02-20, 12:54 PM

Just a quick note of my recent warranty repair depot experience:

Lenovo only took about two weeks to fix everything to my satisfaction.

-My IdeaPad Y580's hinges kept making cracking noises and the technicians "aligned the hinges" so it's better but still not perfect.

-Regular HDD temps of 50 degrees Celsius are worrying so I asked them to re-do the thermal paste and they said they did it. I don't know how to check but the HDD still heats up the same. Lenovo said they cleaned out the fan. I also can't check for sure.

-The right speaker kept cutting out and Lenovo claimed to have replaced it. Only time shall tell for sure.

-The one visibly great thing they did was replace my keyboard for a brand new one without question and I'm grateful for that.

-Fast repair and shipping times. When I bought it the dispatch and shipping was really quick too. 

Maybe I just got lucky twice?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-2013 ThinkPad R61i - Core 2 Duo T5450 | 2GB DDR2 | 160GB HD | 15.4" | Legendary build | 5 years and running
2013-now IdeaPad Y580 - 15.6" FHD 1080p | i7 3630QM | GTX660M 2GB GDDR5 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | 1TB | Flimsy plastic
Options

83 Posts

10-23-2013

Canada

245 Signins

883 Page Views

• Views: 883
  • Message 27 of 31

2014-02-20, 14:46 PM

" Let us be clear: when someone buys a computer from a company, they are not simply buying a collection of components.  They are also buying knowledgable and meticulous technical support, timely customer service, and quality manufacturing."

Actually, you are not totally correct there;  You pay for the hardware and basic support.  If you want "full support", you need to pay premium for it.  All companies does the same, Dell, HP, Lenovo, even Apple (try to get support without Apple Care, you won't get much!).

If you think Lenovo support is bad, try any other services, you'll get about as much as with lenovo (if not less).  

As for getting the wrong laptop back, from times to times, repare center has a "Bank" of refurbished laptop.  To accelerate the return, they might just send a "ready" unit when they find the issue with yours.  This way you get a laptop faster than if they have to wait on parts to complete the repair.  You should ALWAYS clean and revert to stock when sending something for repaire.  It's most likely stated on the RMA release note.

But, when they do, they should always revert it back to stock... That's a big mistake on their part!

Options

10 Posts

08-08-2013

UK

12 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 28 of 31

2014-02-20, 15:16 PM

I'd forgotten I was in this thread but ....... if you look back to message 22 I had at that time finally found a way to get through to something resembling customer service. Having done that I did finally get complete satisfaction regarding my complaint.

So it seems that the trick is to get past the gatekeepers to the people who can actually do something.

Options

53 Posts

02-08-2013

Australia

38 Signins

649 Page Views

• Views: 649
  • Message 29 of 31

2014-02-21, 3:15 AM

I'd be angry if they replaced my laptop at their repair depot for someone else's used one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-2013 ThinkPad R61i - Core 2 Duo T5450 | 2GB DDR2 | 160GB HD | 15.4" | Legendary build | 5 years and running
2013-now IdeaPad Y580 - 15.6" FHD 1080p | i7 3630QM | GTX660M 2GB GDDR5 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | 1TB | Flimsy plastic
Options

46 Posts

12-27-2012

UAE

76 Signins

336 Page Views

• Views: 336
  • Message 30 of 31

2014-02-21, 14:44 PM

I totally agree my next machine would be asus or HP, even acer has better customer care than lenovo, I feel like someone took 1000$ and then asked 350$ for bonus ( motherboard replacement ) now I am left with a laptop that only operates as desktop with only one graphic card working.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/lenovo-y500-SLI-won-t-work-charging-issue/td-p/1451151

here is my issues, I always use to recommend lenovo but after this me my family and friends are only buying asus, I`ve recommended asus to both my sisters and their very happy with them, sure i am glad I didn`t point them to lenovo, now I am the victim of a total failure of quality control, I work in marketing and how on earth could  a company this big push a product to the market without fully testing it, how premature, this is one of the reason why apple is the top pick for customers, and you know the funny thing is where ever I go I see lenovo ads, even in the malls you find showroom stands and all I can think about is SERISOULY!!! YOU SPEND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON ADDS AND REFUSES TO REPLACE A FAULTY MACHINE UNDER WARRENTY, i MEAN COME ON!!!! HOW CAN YOU MAKE ANY PROFIT IF YOU KEEP LOSING OLD CUSTOMERS WHO WOULD ACTUALLY BRING MORE AND MORE AND MORE CUSTOMERS THAT EVEN THE BEST ADS YOU HAVE WON`T ABLE TO BRING, what a stupid marketing strategy, believe it or not I bought 1 asus product and now we have more than 10 asus products in our house just because their quality control is great first and their customer support is not bad, but mainly you won`t even need to talk to them cuz they always test their stuff before launch. you can spend as much as you want on marketing lenovo but you will keep losing customers as much as you make them you will just lose more money doing it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms