Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karrin
Paper Tape
Views: 2,131
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo u300s - space, enter, and backspace to not work

My problem started out as intermittant and is now consistent.  A week or two ago, my space bar stopped responding all the time.  Sometimes it would "fix" itself after it had been off or in sleep.  Now this no longer works and I am typing with an external keyboard (turns out, spaces are *really* important).  A similar progression ensued with the backspace and the enter key.  In other words, three of the most essential keys no longer function on a laptop that is barely over a year old. 

I really hate to say it, but I am starting to regret this purchase given that this problem follows immediately upon unresolved wifi problems. Please restore my faith -- and my keyboard!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,095
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo u300s - space, enter, and backspace to not work

hi Karrin,

The issue that you're facing is most likely a sign of an imminent keyboard failure. You'll notice this when a key on the keyboard fails to register even when the other keys works fine on normal mode or in safe mode.

For troubleshooting, you can try to reseat the keyboard ribbon (see page 60 of the hardware maintenance manual). If this fails, you may need to replace the entire keyboard.

As for the Wi-Fi issue, I saw that NINE is already helping you out in this thread. In addition, you can try to update the Wi-Fi from the Intel website (see this link) and see if it resolves the issue.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Asad10
What's DOS?
Views: 456
Message 3 of 4

This not a problem > Its a kind of Lock. You can unlock these keys by pressing Ctrl+F2 or other short cut may be.

Recently i resolver this by the same short cut.

It often happens to me too. Dont know why and when.

Hope you will also can resolve this problem and everyone else reading...

erdnadreklaw
What's DOS?
Views: 120
Message 4 of 4

I've been having the same issue. The first time I had to remove the backcover of my y700, removed and replace the battery and it worked for about 4 days.

This time, simply pressing ctrl+f2+spacebar fixed it, at least for now. Any idea what this actually is? People keep saying the hardware is bad, but if so these simple fixes shouldn't make it better.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors