Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KlyLoh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 578
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo u400 missing one recovery partition

I had to change my ssd, and my okr partition is gone, is there a way to recover it?, i can't get the m-gpu drivers to work, Lenovo Ideapad U400 Windows 7 HomePremium 64 bit SP1

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 573
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo u400 missing one recovery partition

KlyLoh,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums !

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

If you have changed the normal hdd to an ssd. You need to have the recovery disk and try to do a clean install using it to re-create the recovery partition on the new ssd.

You can call Lenovo Premium Support - 18552713878 option 2
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
KlyLoh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 558
Message 3 of 14

I no longer have the partition, and i don't have any disks either. You say i should call suppport?, can they send me a disc or what?.

KlyLoh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 555
Message 4 of 14

I am from argentina tho...

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 544
Message 5 of 14

KlyLoh,

That would be the issue, Premium Support Service Can only send recovery media inside the US. let me check if there is a Lenovo Center in Argentina.

Buenos Aires
México 2051, Piso 3
Martínez, Buenos Aires
(B1640DLY)
(54) 11 4836-7800
Fax:
(54) 11 4836-7984/85

you can ask them if they can assist you. by the way where did you purchase the lenovo computer? If you have a relatives in the us you can have it shipped to them and your relatives can ship you the recovery media in that way you can have a copy of it.

Let me know if this works for you.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
KlyLoh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 530
Message 6 of 14

I bought it at: Garbarino www.garbarino.com i think that shipping it to the U.S and then recovering the OKR partition and setting my laptop to factory settings again it would cost a lot of $$, i wasted a lot of money the last time i sent it to lenovo support for some repairs, i can't waste that much money again.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 521
Message 7 of 14

KlyLoh,

I understand where you are coming from, It would be best if you have a friend that is in the US to order an rcd for you, have them send it to you and I will be providing the steps. This will re-install the OS and will re-create the hidden partition again so that you can do the One Key Recovery. You dont need to send the computer back to the US.
KlyLoh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 510
Message 8 of 14

How can i order an rcd?

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 500
Message 9 of 14

KlyLoh,

Since you did purchase this Lenovo computer in the US, do you have a friend or a family member that is in the US it would be possible for them to purchase it for you. The rcd will be delivered on the US shipping address via UPS, shippment will take within 5 business days. You can now tell your friend or family member to ship it to you in Argentina.

Have your friend or family member in the US call Lenovo Premium Support - 18552713878 option 2.

Once you have the RCD send me an email and will provide the steps in doing the OKR.

KlyLoh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 487
Message 10 of 14

I bought it in Argentina

Top Kudoed Authors