Options

2 Posts

06-05-2010

Pacific Northwest

5 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 5

Line of bad pixels in LCD display - warranty?

2010-06-05, 18:48 PM

Hi. I've had my S10e (4187-2PU) for nearly a year, and after about the third month, it developed a line of bad pixels down at the bottom of the screen. It appears to be just one pixel high, but it extends across the entire screen horizontally. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm presuming it's a problem with the LCD screen itself - I did run one of those pixel-checker/fixer programs a while ago which didn't help. I'm thinking it may have been some sort of manufacturing defect, since there appears to be an almost imperceptible wave - like a tiny, tiny dimple that I never would have noticed if I hadn't examined it very  closely - in both sides of the top lid at the exact corresponding point where the line appears on the screen on the other side.

I was just too busy to check into it before, but now I'd like to have it repaired. I'm not certain exactly how the warranty service works. Are there warranty providers that I can go to locally (I'm in the United States), or do I have to ship it off someplace? I've even wondered if it would be less hassle just to try to purchase a new LCD screen and try to swap it out myself, although I'm a little hesitant to try.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm also having some difficulty in understanding what's going on with the warranty service offered by Lenovo, and unfortunately, the online information shows that the warranty is expired, but does not appear to be related to when I actually bought the IdeaPad (it shows a date that would have been if I had purchased my IdeaPad 3 months earlier than I did).

Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Options

20986 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Line of bad pixels in LCD display - warranty?

2010-06-05, 23:38 PM

you should call up Lenovo in your state of residence. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

2329 Posts

01-21-2009

DE

2771 Signins

119910 Page Views

• Views: 119910
  • Message 3 of 5

2010-06-06, 0:36 AM

Hi and welcome, yep call your local service ...

regards KalvinKlein

Yoga Home 900 - Yoga 2 11- Yoga tablet 2 all WIN 10 1809
Moto Z Play - Moto Z2 Play
Options

2 Posts

06-05-2010

Pacific Northwest

5 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 4 of 5

2010-06-06, 17:06 PM

Thanks for the replies, lead and Kalvin, and thanks also for the welcome. :)

I've tried calling. The two numbers for the local authorized repair shops that I finally located on the Lenovo site were both disconnected!

I finally called a local reseller's repair department and got a good number for Lenovo itself through them, and although I had some problems with the first two calls I made, on the third try I think I managed to get something recorded in the Lenovo system, so maybe that will help. But the person also said I would receive a call back that day, but I never did.

:Sigh: I'll give it another try on Monday...I love my S10, but the line of dead pixels is annoying.

Options

1 Posts

06-19-2011

Russia

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 5 of 5

2011-10-24, 15:18 PM

Hello

And which was the end of the story?

I have the same problem and thinking what to do...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete