Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellington90
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 256
Message 1 of 2

Lost Recovery Partition

I have a U430Touch, from which I accidentally overwrote the recovery and Windows 8.1 partitions.  Using recovery software, I have successfully been able to recover both the Windows 8.1 partition and the recovery partition (and backed up to external drive).

Now my problem is I cannot boot into the recovery partition or the Windows partition.  I can only boot into a LiveUSB.

Any ideas on getting either of these partitions to boot? 

jellington90
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 207
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost Recovery Partition

I've realized I also recovered LRS_ESP, the Lenovo Recover EFI system partition.  This was not recognized by the UEFI firmware, basically when I hit the "Novo" button and went to recover, it would just load the default boot loader.  This was because the GUID on the LRS_ESP partition was wrong.

After correcting the GUID (per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table, at the bottom), the System Recovery option now attempts to boot into the recovery system but fails.  I get a blue Windows screen with a Smiley Sad face and error code 0x000021a.  It is my understanding that this error is due to issues regarding the boot process for Windows, so it is perhaps related to the locations of the recovery files.

Will keep updated in case this is useful for anyone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors