Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

12-27-2013

Seattle, WA

24 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 1 of 2

Lost Recovery Partition

2014-04-17, 20:56 PM

I have a U430Touch, from which I accidentally overwrote the recovery and Windows 8.1 partitions.  Using recovery software, I have successfully been able to recover both the Windows 8.1 partition and the recovery partition (and backed up to external drive).

Now my problem is I cannot boot into the recovery partition or the Windows partition.  I can only boot into a LiveUSB.

Any ideas on getting either of these partitions to boot? 

Options

13 Posts

12-27-2013

Seattle, WA

24 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost Recovery Partition

2014-04-23, 20:02 PM

I've realized I also recovered LRS_ESP, the Lenovo Recover EFI system partition.  This was not recognized by the UEFI firmware, basically when I hit the "Novo" button and went to recover, it would just load the default boot loader.  This was because the GUID on the LRS_ESP partition was wrong.

After correcting the GUID (per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table, at the bottom), the System Recovery option now attempts to boot into the recovery system but fails.  I get a blue Windows screen with a :( face and error code 0x000021a.  It is my understanding that this error is due to issues regarding the boot process for Windows, so it is perhaps related to the locations of the recovery files.

Will keep updated in case this is useful for anyone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms