Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogerf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,282
Message 1 of 3

Mobile Broadband on the s10-3, GPS?

Hi,

I've a Lenovo S10-3 to which I've fitted an Ericsson F3607GW wwan card for Lenovo notebooks FRU: 60Y3237.  I bought the card from Hong Kong via Ebay.  I downloaded driver 83W013WW.exe from the Lenovo site and it allows me to connect in areas of 3G coverage.

Unfortunately we don't have full 3G coverage in Australia and in my home region there is only a GSM signal and the card will not connect to it, although my old usb plug in modem works fine!  According to the Ericsson data sheet the F3607GW has the full range of frequency bands avilable - so it should work!

I see that other drivers and the Ericsson broadband Manager are available and would welcome help in what drivers/broadband managers to use.  I have read on other forums that some other modems require the region to be set to '3' to allow proper working in Australia.

I would welcome advice on which drivers/manager etc to use to get the card working properly in Australia.

If anyone has experience with the GPS capability of this card I would like to learn how it was done - that's the next step after getting the wireless broadband function to work!

Looking forward to some good advice!

Rogerf

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,257
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mobile Broadband on the s10-3, GPS?

hi rogerf.
due to it was working before, i can say there's no compatible issue with the device and computer.

you may need to contact ericsson or the mobile provider in aussie. still, there may be users here who has/had the same issue. you can wait for reply.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Rogerf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,254
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mobile Broadband on the s10-3, GPS?

Hi yigit, thanks for your speed of light reply! Hopefully someone will read the post who has got the system working fully on GSM either here in Australia, or else perhaps Europe/UK.

Thanks again, Rogerf

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors