Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

05-17-2020

United States of America

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 1

Multiple Settings in the Lenovo S540 GTX BIOS simply doesn't work/work as intended, Please Update it (Fan Noise/Thermal Issue)

2020-05-18, 19:36 PM

For the Lenovo Ideapad S540-15IWL BIOS, there is an option to change Profiles Between "Intelligent", "Quiet" and "Performance", for the most part at least, none of these settings do much to reduce the massive amount of noise produced by this laptop when doing things like browsing the web. This is extremely loud even idling. The only way to make the laptop moderately usable is my disconnecting the power plug whenever I want to use it. I'm aware this drastically reduces performance especially graphical performance but if lenovo can just enable this thermal setting whilst connected through a power supply, it would stop the overheating issue and the fan noise issue. The laptop is advertised as "cool and quiet". Its neither of these things while idling. Please release an update immediately.

Secondly, there is an issue with the BIOS function to have switchable graphics. It just doesn't work, it only disables the Dedicated GPU or does nothing. Normally an option like this would enable switching between the GPU connected to the HDMI port.

Please release an Update soon, these are very unusual issues to have for a very modern and highly priced laptop.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms