Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-31-2012

INDIA

10 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 431 of 818

Re: My new u310 gives really low speeds on wifi

2012-09-04, 6:21 AM

Hi,

Just got my U410 back from service center [ they told me they have replaced some wifi sticker, NO idea on what that is], now atleast my ultrabook is able to detect the wifi signal better than before...Somewhat comparable to other laptops. Still testing on the speeds, but I am facing an issue because of the fix that my download breaks in the middle everytime, like if I try downloading a 80mb file, it downloads upto some 30-35 mb and then breaks....dont know what exactly the problem is   :( ...Any idea on this??  

Options

6 Posts

07-17-2012

Germany

88 Signins

339 Page Views

• Views: 339
  • Message 432 of 818

2012-09-04, 6:55 AM

Hi all,

as told on the page before I received back my U410 after repair and was happy about the now good wifi speed.

Neverthelesse it took the U410 very long to get connected to my wifi after boot-up. The signal was shown but with a yellow "attention"-signal. Hence, it had no correct connection for the first minute.

I uninstalled the pre-installed McAfee-Software and this problem is also gone...

Options

5 Posts

09-04-2012

Bangalore

15 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 433 of 818

2012-09-04, 10:30 AM

Hello Mark/Lenovo Team,

This is concerning official WIFI Issues with Lenovo U310/U410.

As I read through the threads, It is officially stated thet the problem has been identified and permamnently resolved. Is it true? Post 23 July 2012 made systems are Wifi Issue Free!!!

I am planning to buy a new ultrabook and I am narrowing in on U410 Ideapad Ultrabook.

SO Can Lenovo officially confirm it so that I can make a sound decision. And will I get now an Ultrabook surely made after 23 July 2012 hence free of issues?

Many Thanks.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 434 of 818

2012-09-04, 16:11 PM

tom25,

Thanks - while there is one issue that this thread is focused upon, there can be other issues that come up and affect wifi.  Appreciate your sharing your feedback.

Mark

Options

3 Posts

08-09-2012

UK

109 Signins

354 Page Views

• Views: 354
  • Message 435 of 818

2012-09-04, 19:21 PM

Well my U410 is back in my hands at long last! Its Broadcom wireless/bluetooth card seems to have been replaced with an Atheros AR9285 card instead (and a BIOS update), and now the wireless speed doesn't drop to 5mbps when it's 10 yards away from my wireless router. Time will tell if this is a satisfactory fix, but from my brief test it seems better than it was before.

Three comments about this whole shenanigans:

1) The whole process took far too long. My laptop was picked up on Friday 17th Aug and returned to me on Tue 4th Sept. That's 2 weeks and 4 days.

2) There was no communication during the whole process. I was expecting emails (Your device has been delivered to Lenovo / Your device has been fixed / Your device is out for delivery) but I had to phone Lenovo support if I wanted an update.

3) At the service center my ideapad had two tracking stickers stuck to the back of it. So now I have this sleek looking laptop with minimal designs and logos on it, and two ugly stickers on the back. And they weren't the easy-to-remove kind, they were the corner-rips-off kind that leaves you with bits of sticky paper everywhere when you try to remove them. Not impressed. (It came good with a small piece of damp cloth and repeated wiping).

Anyway, I am glad my laptop is back with me and I hope that everything is now as it should be.

Edit: The replacement card, AR9285 is 2.4GHz only so if you have a fancy-pants WAP that can also do 5 GHz then that'll be worthless.

Options

5489 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

8013 Signins

306129 Page Views

• Views: 306129
  • Message 436 of 818

2012-09-05, 8:44 AM

wrote:

Since nothing has been done since my last post I figured writing back in the forum is probably the only way Mark or any other moderator to get in touch with me...

I have my U410 with the wifi issue for well over a month now and I can't stress enough how frustrated I'm with Lenovo. I still have a U$400 Sony Vaio bought 5 years ago during black Friday that works great, if not better than this supposed ultrabook. That is actually the notebook I've been using since internet is a feature the U410 and U310 apparently DON'T have off the shelves, right?
My main problem is with the lack of support from Lenovo Brazil, where I unfortunately live, which doesn't even has a working phone number for customer support... In addition, they don't sell this model here and I can only dream with the day when they do so. I don't have any hopes for someone who is up to date with the wifi issue working at Lenovo Brazil, so if I happen to get in touch with them it would be a waste of time. I learned that some people (Brazilian) are also buying this notebook overseas and they are experiencing the same exact issues with wifi. I was then told Lenovo does not carry any support for U310/U410 owners because the models are not sold here, so It seems I'm left with a U$900 paper weight .

I bought this notebook in the US, therefore I should get help/support from Lenovo US, right?

: I have already sent you my info but I have not had an answer yet. I explained you my situation and I'm willing to send this notebook back. I can't wait any longer, I hope you can understand that. Lenovo has clearly messed up this time so it is fair you at least help us who unfortunately bought this defective machine.

: I see you have answered some people's questions, so if you can address my issue I appreciate that.    

Hi DecoBra,

Can you send me a private message with your information. I will get in touch with Services in Latin America and find out how it might be possible to help you.

Un saludo,

Miguel Gonzalez

EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

Options

8 Posts

08-28-2012

61 Signins

246 Page Views

• Message 437 of 818

2012-09-05, 9:18 AM

Since admins started to care about this topic again i still have that WiFi issue.

Low speed, low range. I'm from Poland.

My U310 was sent back 2nd time to Lenovo service but i doubt that they will fix that properly.

They had no idea about this issue and they didnt even wanted me to point them to this topic.

Options

1 Posts

09-05-2012

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 438 of 818

2012-09-05, 16:06 PM

Hey, can someone confirm that all laptops with the Atheros card are A-OK? That's the fix, right? Also, are all new U410 laptops  (manifactured post July) equipped with this card?

Options

8 Posts

08-07-2012

USA

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 439 of 818

2012-09-05, 21:09 PM

I recommend that everyone who is considering the u410 to stay away.  I returned mine today after many weeks of wasted hours.  Here is my story:

After seeing all the posts in this forum, before I made the decision to buy the computer I called Lenovo sales and tech support multiple times to confirm that this wifi issue was resolved.  They repeatedly told me that no such issue existed. I ordered the computer, and received it several weeks after it was supposed to arrive.  Lo and behold, it had the Intel centrino wifi adapter, and I had the same wifi issues that so many others here have described.  I then proceeded to spend no less than 10 hours with mostly incompetent tech support staff.  They finally concluded that yes, there is a hardware/compatibility issue.  They told me to get a replacement with a different wifi card.  They connected me to the warranty department, who then forwarded me to sales.  Every time I was forwarded I had to re-explain the situation.  They told me that they would be happy to send me a replacement, but that it would have the exact same specs as the computer I had. They told me that they could not replace just the wifi card.  Stupidity personified.  I informed them that they would be sending me a defective model.  They told me that was all they could do.  So I sent it back today. I will NEVER buy a lenovo computer again.  This was the worst customer experience I have ever dealt with.

Options

31 Posts

08-26-2012

Fort Wayne

30 Signins

227 Page Views

• Views: 227
  • Message 440 of 818

2012-09-06, 4:54 AM

I am currently living in China, and would like to send my computer in to be fixed for this issue.

Where can I send my computer, and how long would it take for me to get it back?  Can an admin please contact me?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms