06-17-2012

Hungary

220 Signins

1251 Page Views

• Views: 1251
  • Message 21 of 817

Re: My new u310 gives really low speeds on wifi

2012-07-09, 19:19 PM

Not really. My u410 is a Ultrabook version too and it uses the Atheros version of the wifi card. Same slow wifi speed problems are present, even with the linked drivers.

Options

4 Posts

07-01-2012

Neuburg an der Donau

11 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 22 of 817

Betreff: Lenovo U410 problems connecting to wireless network

2012-07-10, 12:27 PM

push.

Tried to install other drivers. Problem is still existing.

What can I do?

Options

14 Posts

07-08-2012

Romania

99 Signins

510 Page Views

• Views: 510
  • Message 23 of 817

2012-07-10, 18:45 PM

Ive made all the updates to my u310, that slow internet issue is gone howere now, ive found another issue. my wifi reciever, intel centrino-n 2200 is working very bad far from the router. much worse than my other laptops... talked with the guys from the support, the believe its a antenna issue. 

My last hope is to find an bios update, hopefully it will help.

Options

6 Posts

07-10-2012

San Miguel de Allende, GTO, Mexico

6 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 24 of 817

2012-07-10, 21:38 PM

Same deal with me.  Brand new U310, just activated.  Horrible slow speed, sporadically, which drops off rapidly once I move the laptop more than about ten feet from the router.  I'm in Mexico, but bought this in the U.S., so returning it is not an easy option.  I need a Lenovo solution soon!

Options

5 Posts

07-04-2012

United States

34 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 25 of 817

2012-07-10, 21:42 PM
Yes I REALLY need a solution SOON. I will be going away on a trip very soon and I was really hoping to have my WORKING u310 ultrabook by then.............
Options

2640 Posts

03-21-2012

Malaysia

2405 Signins

55976 Page Views

• Views: 55976
  • Message 26 of 817

2012-07-11, 2:54 AM

Hi all,

After discussing with the teams, in order for me to escalate this could any users with the Intel or Atheros Card installed please PM me your details. The details i need can be found below:

• Machine Family (e.g. T61)
• Machine Type Model (e.g. 7660-14A)
• Machine Serial Number (e.g. L3-234A)
• Bios version
• Chipset model and driver version
• RAM (e.g. 2GB DDR3)
• OS (e.g. Win 7 64-bit Ultimate)

• Steps taken prior to a reported issue (for an example software or hardware installed)
• Driver list and version of components (Type of Wireless Card and Version)

• First and Last Name

• Contact Phone Number
• Email Address

• Country of customers resided

Hope to get your PM.

Regards

Options

6 Posts

07-11-2012

Russia

42 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 27 of 817

2012-07-11, 7:06 AM
Is it only particular exemplars problem, or it deals about all u310/u410 sires?

Thanks for reply in advance.
Options

7 Posts

07-05-2012

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 28 of 817

2012-07-11, 10:58 AM

How and wehre do u want me to PM the details for my U310.

Thanks

Options

7 Posts

07-05-2012

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 29 of 817

2012-07-11, 11:42 AM

Guys below is my discussion with the lenevo india team which has been going on ever since. The guys have no idea about  the problem or the solution.

Look forward to some support from you guys.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:24 AM
To: Nishant Chawla
Cc: Customer Care; jnagar@lenovo.com; Lalit Behl; Lenovo Consumer; mdindia@lenevo.com; support@lenovoreg.com
Subject: RE: Wifi problem with my 3 days old laptop

Dear Mr Nishant,

Regret inconvenience.
I will share the update by today.

Thanks & Regards
Mohit Chawla
ASP Manager-North
IBM India Pvt. Ltd,
1st Floor Birla Tower
Barakhamba Road,N.Delhi - 1,India
Email # mochawla@in.ibm.com

Contact Details of IBM Consumer-Lenovo Call Centre.
Toll Free # for Idea Pad and Idea Centre :1800-300-29929/ Direct Number for IdeaPad and IdeaCentre : 08039834100/ Email ID (For IdeaPad and IdeaCentre) : lenconsumer@in.ibm.com

New Contact details of IBM Smartcenter/RCC:
For Servers/POS/Other Products (IBM RCC) :  BSNL/MTNL Tollfree # 1800-425-6666, Airtel Landline/Airtel Mobile# 1800-102-6666, Alternate No. # 080-26788970 Email# rccindia@in.ibm.com
For Desktop/Laptop Support (IBM Smartcenter) : BSNL/MTNL Tollfree # 1800-425-2666, Alternate No. # 080-25359182 Email# smcindia@in.ibm.com

To:        Mohit Chawla/India/IBM@IBMIN
Cc:        Customer Care <customercare@lencare.co.in>, Lenovo Consumer/India/Contr/IBM@IBMIN, "mdindia@lenevo.com" <mdindia@lenevo.com>, "support@lenovoreg.com" <support@lenovoreg.com>, Lalit Behl <lbehl@lenovo.com>, "jnagar@lenovo.com" <jnagar@lenovo.com>
Date:        07/10/2012 12:52 PM
Subject:        RE: Wifi problem with my 3 days old laptop

Mr. Mohit,

As per your mail, I am supposed to bear with you and the your team for some time. Can someone please put a date to this as I am really tired now. I need a solution at the earliest or my money back.

I am done with lenevo and its non-tested products.

Look forward to your support.

Thanks
Nishant Chawla

Sent:
Thursday, July 05, 2012 10:12 PM
To:
Nishant Chawla
Cc:
Customer Care; Lenovo Consumer; mdindia@lenevo.com; support@lenovoreg.com; Lalit Behl; jnagar@lenovo.com
Subject:
RE: Wifi problem with my 3 days old laptop

Dear Mr Nishant,

I extremely regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

Your concern has been understood and shared with the Country technical team. They are in touch with the regional team  for the appropriate solution.
Request you to please bear with us for some time. We will update you on this. Thanks.

Thanks & Regards
Mohit Chawla
ASP Manager-North
IBM India Pvt. Ltd,
1st Floor Birla Tower
Barakhamba Road,N.Delhi - 1,India
Email # mochawla@in.ibm.com

Contact Details of IBM Consumer-Lenovo Call Centre.
Toll Free # for Idea Pad and Idea Centre :1800-300-29929/ Direct Number for IdeaPad and IdeaCentre : 08039834100/ Email ID (For IdeaPad and IdeaCentre) : lenconsumer@in.ibm.com

New Contact details of IBM Smartcenter/RCC:
For Servers/POS/Other Products (IBM RCC) :  BSNL/MTNL Tollfree # 1800-425-6666, Airtel Landline/Airtel Mobile# 1800-102-6666, Alternate No. # 080-26788970 Email# rccindia@in.ibm.com
For Desktop/Laptop Support (IBM Smartcenter) : BSNL/MTNL Tollfree # 1800-425-2666, Alternate No. # 080-25359182 Email# smcindia@in.ibm.com

To:        Customer Care <customercare@lencare.co.in>
Cc:        "support@lenovoreg.com" <support@lenovoreg.com>, Mohit Chawla/India/IBM@IBMIN, Lenovo Consumer/India/Contr/IBM@IBMIN, "mdindia@lenevo.com" <mdindia@lenevo.com>
Date:        07/05/2012 05:21 PM
Subject:        RE: Wifi problem with my 3 days old laptop

Now that you have what you guys had asked for, so till when do I expect a reply!!!!!!

Thanks
Nishant Chawla

Nishant Chawla
Sent:
Thursday, July 05, 2012 12:29 PM
To:
'Customer Care'
Cc:
support@lenovoreg.com; mochawla@in.ibm.com; lenconsumer@in.ibm.com; mdindia@lenevo.com
Subject:

Dear All,

Please find the attached service report from your service center in Noida. I need a quick resolution to my problem as my work is suffering because of this laptop. It’s going to be a week tomorrow that I would have bought the laptop and yet I am not able to use it.

Thanks
Nishant Chawla

Customer Care [mailto:customercare@lencare.co.in]
Sent:
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:23 PM
To:
Nishant Chawla
Cc:
support@lenovoreg.com; mochawla@in.ibm.com; lenconsumer@in.ibm.com; mdindia@lenevo.com
Subject:
Importance:
High

Dear Nishant,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you we would like to inform you that unless the machine is diagnosed we will not be able to validate the case and proceed further. Hence request you to get the machine diagnosed and share the service report so that we can validate the same and proceed further.

Request you to cooperate with us in this regards.

Lenovo Customer Care, India.

Email ID:      customercare@lencare.co.in
Toll Free:     1800 425 5555 4

This message (Including any attachments) is confidential and is  intended  only for the addressee. All mails and attachments that are sent from  our  mail box are scanned for all known viruses at the time of transmission. However, please scan the mail and attachments for viruses before  opening or  downloading from this transmission. We will not accept any liability  for  damages through virus. If you are not the intended recipient or if you  have  received this message by mistake, please notify the sender by E-mail &  delete the message from the system. Any unauthorized use or  dissemination  of the message in whole or part is strictly prohibited. Logos and  pictures  are copyrighted material; please obtain proper authorization to use  them.

Nishant Chawla [mailto:nishant.chawla@beesys.com]
Sent:
04 July 2012 13:58
To:
Customer Care; mochawla@in.ibm.com; lenconsumer@in.ibm.com; mdindia@lenevo.com
Cc:
support@lenovoreg.com
Subject:

Dear All,

There was no service request handed over to me by the service center. They told me that they will open up my laptop and check the wifi device, to which I completely refused as this was nt just the problem with my piece. I told them to investigate this on one of their systems and let me know the update. Mr Nikhil Raj Duggal was the engineer and here are his contact details 09871591217. (Park Network Pvt Ltd, Sector 18, Noida.)

I did nt want anyone to do R&D with my new laptop as they had no clue about the issue or how to solve this. This problem was there in all the U310 & U410 series laptop in there showroom.

Please let me know if you require me to do anything.

Thanks
Nishant Chawla

Customer Care [mailto:customercare@lencare.co.in]
Sent:
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 1:24 PM
To:
Nishant Chawla; mochawla@in.ibm.com; lenconsumer@in.ibm.com; mdindia@lenevo.com
Cc:
support@lenovoreg.com
Subject:
Importance:
High

Dear Nishant,

Thank you for contacting Lenovo Customer Care.

We regret to hear the technical issues that you are facing with the Lenovo machine. We have received the invoice copy from your end, however to validate the DOA procedure we need the Service Report to further investigate.

Kindly share a copy of the Service Report so that we can further validate and work towards a resolution.

Request you to cooperate with us in this regard.

Lenovo Customer Care, India.

Email ID:      customercare@lencare.co.in
Toll Free:     1800 425 5555 4

This message (Including any attachments) is confidential and is  intended  only for the addressee. All mails and attachments that are sent from  our  mail box are scanned for all known viruses at the time of transmission. However, please scan the mail and attachments for viruses before  opening or  downloading from this transmission. We will not accept any liability  for  damages through virus. If you are not the intended recipient or if you  have  received this message by mistake, please notify the sender by E-mail &  delete the message from the system. Any unauthorized use or  dissemination  of the message in whole or part is strictly prohibited. Logos and  pictures  are copyrighted material; please obtain proper authorization to use  them.

Nishant Chawla [mailto:nishant.chawla@beesys.com]
Sent:
04 July 2012 12:53
To:
mochawla@in.ibm.com; customercare@lencare.co.in; lenconsumer@in.ibm.com; mdindia@lenevo.com
Cc:
support@lenovoreg.com
Subject:
Wifi problem with my 3 days old laptop

Hello All,

I had recently purchased a Lenovo u310 laptop. This was purchased on 29th June 2012 from Park Network Pvt Ltd, Sector 18, Noida. Since the first time I have booted this system the wifi speeds have been really low. On a 4Mps connection the wifi gives me a download speed of 200-500kbps whereas any other laptop on the same network gives me a speed of 3.5-4Mbps. But it works pretty fine on a wired connection.

On Monday I took this laptop to the same showroom where I had purchased this piece from. They were ready to change the piece for me but to my horror this problem was common to all the laptops of this series. I tested the same on the U410 series as well but it had the same issues.

I was directed to your authorized service center in Noida which is also owned by the same company Park Network pvt. Ltd. Those people told me that there was an update which they have received from the company and after which this problem would be solved. Once reaching there I get to know all they had was a new driver for the wifi device which my IT team had already updated from your website. This was on Monday since then they have not been able to solve this problem. They tell me that they have contacted the company and its pending at their end.

It’s been 5 days since I have purchased this laptop and I have not been able to use it once since then. I thought this piece was faulty but it seems the whole series is faulty. I need a quick resolution to this problem or I need my money to be refunded by the dealer.

I hope to hear from you soon. Also find attached the invoice and the image of speed test performed on this laptop. This speed test was done on 12Mbps+ connection.

Thanks and Regards
Nishant Chawla

Options

13 Posts

07-11-2012

India

67 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 30 of 817

2012-07-11, 12:23 PM

Hi,

My problem sounds exactly like Nishant Chawla's. I just bought the Lenovo U310 four days back and the wifi signal breaks all the time and connectivity is either very slow or very bad. I was shocked to see this kind of poor wifi reception in a machine that costs more than Rs.50,000. The service centre guy came and was clueless. He updated the driver and when nothing happened he wanted to open the machine and replace some cables. I didn't allow him to do this and after that it has been a flurry of emails between the dealer ( Lenovo Exclusive Store Malad Mumbai) and Mr. Roshan Jain of Lenovo. I have had some long frustrating conversations with the Lenovo Tech support and they have assured to send someone senior to sort the problem. As I can see from other postings, a lot of people across the world are having this problem with the new Lenovo Ultrabooks. Why doesn't Lenovo admit that this is a hardware problem and replace the hardware. I am going to return my machine to the dealer after giving Lenovo a day to sort out the problem. 

Obviously no one really reads the forums or if they do, they don't take it seriously. 

It is time we stop taking this nonsense from big corporates. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save