cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porscheman
Paper Tape
Views: 25,376
Message 1 of 12

My s10 battery icon lite blinks 3 times only and screen is blank.

Hi Everyone,

I just got a previously owned s10 from someone who had it only a year. It didn;t have the battery pack so I;ve just been running it using the AC adapter, which has been working great. Thursday nite I updated the BIOS to the latest version, 14CNA0WW, it all went fine, it rebooted, I checked the version and it was showing the new one. I used it more that nite and then turned it off. Yesterday I tried to turn it on but all I got was the battery icon light (orange)  on the front would blink 3 times and then stop. Nothing comes up on the screen. I tried removing the harddrive and putting it back, hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

This should be able to run straight off AC without a battery attached, right? I do have one on order coming in, hopefully that's the problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 25,364
Message 2 of 12

Re: My s10 battery icon lite blinks 3 times only and screen is blank.

try to remove/replace the battery and set the default settings for bios.
do you see lenovo logo at startup?
also, try to remove/replace the battery, too.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
porscheman
Paper Tape
Views: 25,359
Message 3 of 12

I don't have a battery attached to the netbook.
The "Lenovo " screen doesn't show up, it's a blank screen nothing there. It used to show up. Could it have anything to do with the bios flash? I can't get to the bios screen to set to "default settings".
porscheman
Paper Tape
Views: 25,351
Message 4 of 12

anyone else with ideas? when the ac plug is in the blue power lite does not even come on. On the front there are 3 icons; power, battery and wireless. none of them are on.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 25,350
Message 5 of 12

Hi and aloha Smiley Happy

did you try this old trick from our   Knowledgebase ...

i used most of the time when iam home, my Ideapad without a battery attached , that could  not the cause...

sincerely KalvinKlein

Yoga Home 900 - Yoga 2 11- Yoga tablet 2 all WIN 10 1809
Moto Z Play - Moto Z2 Play
porscheman
Paper Tape
Views: 25,348
Message 6 of 12

hi Kalvin,

Thanks for the reply, I just tried your method, but it still won't power up. I have the AC adapter plugged in right now and there should be the power indicator lite "on", but it is not. I took out the harddrive and tried, same thing. Just 3 orange lite blinks from the battery icon, no "lenovo" screen and cannot get into BIOS screen. One more thing, I metered the ac power tip and there is 12VDC from the transformer.

porscheman
Paper Tape
Views: 25,331
Message 7 of 12

I spoke with Lenovo tech support and they at least got me up and running. I have to press the "one touch recovery" button instead of the power button. it goes thru restoring everything and at least loads windows, but when you shut it down and then try to power back on it goes back to the original problem. It seems that the latest BIOS version is not compatable with my s10 (4231). Can I flash it back to a older version?
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 25,320
Message 8 of 12

let me clear this, after performing clean windows installation, were you able to access windows? after restart, blank screen?

porscheman
Paper Tape
Views: 25,317
Message 9 of 12

after a clean install of windows I still have to press the one touch recovery button instead of the power button. I guess that button is my "new" power button. Windows will start after that.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 25,307
Message 10 of 12

@ porscheman
you may need to replace power button or connector. i suggest you to call lenovo support line.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals