09-19-2013 01:39 PM
Look at what I found (or may be someone else - didn't see it posted). BIOS update fixes issue: BIOS and boot menu can't be accessed after windows recovery.
Worked on my 65CN98WW BIOS u310, now I can actually get into the BIOS setup using the NOVO button. Finally.
Here: 65CN99WW Bios
09-23-2013 12:25 AM - edited 09-23-2013 12:47 AM
Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!
We are glad to know this information, this post will help a lot if any of the user face same issue with BIOS accessibility.
Do post us back for further queries and suggestions.
04-25-2014 12:17 AM
Thanks for the info.
But the link above is not available anymore. although you can find it in the forum:
BUT WHY this BIOS version is not listed in the official driver/software page of U310:
What is the problem?
I have a problem in fact, I could not use the Recovery DVDs through any USB with Legacy support!!
03-22-2015 09:45 AM
Guys I have the same probem with my U310 but there are no compinations of buttons I can push to get to the bios to flash this file. The only way to the bios is with the novo button and of course that does not work
03-22-2015 01:26 PM
Welcome to the Lenovo Community Trickyrick !
If the Novo button doesn't work for entering the BIOS Setup have you tried the F2 key during power up ? Here is an excerpt from the BIOS update file's readme......
Installing the package in Windows.
1. Restart computer. Press Fn+F2 enter BIOS.
2. Choose "configurations-> BIOS back flash" , set to Enabled.
3. Choose "Boot-> Boot Mode", set to UEFI. save and exit.
4. Locate the file 65cn99ww that has been downloaded.
5. Double click the 65cn99ww For Windows 8, you may run it as administrator by right-clicking on the icon and selecting ¡°Run as administrator±.
6. Click YES.
7. System will reboot and flash BIOS. During the process, you are advised not to turn off the computer.
8. When the update finishes, the computer will automatically reboot for the changes to take effect.
9. Press Fn+F2 to enter BIOS menu, load default setting-> save and exit.
10. Please reboot the system again.
10-19-2015 04:35 PM
I did the 65cn99ww flash as well but it caused some major problems. My U410 won't boot in UEFI mode anymore and when I set it to legacy mode, it will tell me "unauthorized netword card (1802 error)"!
Now I removed the card (Intel centrino advanced N6200) and the system is finally booting and running again, so i tried to flash another version of BIOS/EFI (65cn13ww and 65cn21ww). Unsuccesfully.
version 13 seems to be an "invalid BIOS"
version 21 error: "only secured capsule is allowed on secure flash system" 223
Some advice? I'd like to use my network card again.. plugged in a usb wlan card for now but WiDi needs the n6200..
thanks in advance