Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenniferE
What's DOS?
Views: 1,310
Message 1 of 5

Problems encountered with S10 ideapad

I have just purchased a Lenova S10 Ideapad!! It is worth the money I believe but I did encounter some problems!!!

My first problem would have to be the right shift key which is easily confused by the up key!! It is a big deal for me to be typing and find myself typing in the sentence above!!!!  My second bigget is the mouse touchpad is very touchy i barely hit it and i'm finding myself on a new page and constantly forcing the mouse to click the back buttton! These minor malfunctions I can live with! i rate the S10 Ideapad 4 out of 5 stars! I'm happy with the ratings from other users and happy with the ratings from Laptop magzine which gave the pad 3 out of 5 which i think should be a little higher!!!

A happy user,

Jennifer

yus9
802.11n
Views: 1,300
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems encountered with S10 ideapad

Lenovo improved the keyboard design in the newer S10-2.

But you are stuck with the older design.  Me too!

The touchpad is very user-adjustable.

Just go to Mouse Properties in your Control Panel.

Select the Device Settings tab.

Click on Settings.

Adjust "Sensitivity"

Many users turn off the "Advanced Gestures", BTW 

Fakawiechief
Paper Tape
Views: 1,241
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I have a couple of problems with the S10e Keyboard/touchpad. First as JenniferE reported the Touchpad is to sensitive. I have 2 Acer full size laptops and the touchpad software is the same as the S10e but these seem much easier to use.

The second is the Keyboard layout. Why they chose to put the HOME-END-PAGE  UP-PAGE DOWN functions at the top of the keyboard I'll never know. It would have been much better to integrate those functions into the LEFT-RIGHT-UP-DOWN  arrow keys as virtually all other Netbook and Laptop manufacturers do. Instead they use the "arrow" keys for Volume and display brightness. I'm far more inclined to use the page up/page down keys especially because of the limited number of vertical rows.

My last mistake was buying the wrong model. I accidently ordered the one with the X-brite/crystal bright or what ever they call it display. If I sit in the kitchen using the S10e all I see is the ceiling light. Lets campaign for a return to non-glare displays. 

Otherwise I like the machine. 

Msliberty1028
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,174
Message 4 of 5

Keyboard difficulty? Yes, real typists need the shift in the right space. Maybe you have other needs.

I fixed my S10 mini-keyboard with a free software called Key Tweak. It is a keyboard mapper that changed keys to where I needed them to be. Made it okay for me. At first I was all tears when I could not type a line or more without typos.

Good luck!

msliberty

ronaldkwok
802.11n
Views: 1,141
Message 5 of 5

@Fakawiechief wrote:

Hi,

My last mistake was buying the wrong model. I accidently ordered the one with the X-brite/crystal bright or what ever they call it display. If I sit in the kitchen using the S10e all I see is the ceiling light. Lets campaign for a return to non-glare displays. 

All the S10e came with the glossy screen that reflects light badly, the S10 came with the matte screen that is non-glare so maybe you should have bought this model. I suppose what you can do is to change the position of the S10e to reduce the reflection.  

Message Edited by ronaldkwok on 08-07-2009 10:24 AM
View my Blog on the Lenovo S10

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors