Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelmike123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 671
Message 1 of 6

RE: ideapad u310 touch hinge

so im going to have to fix my hinge myself... problem is i see multiple hinge types when i go to order. can anyone who had this problem send me a picture of the correct hinge type or even better send me a page where its on sale so i can buy it

http://www.ukpcsparts.com/lenovo-ideapad-u310-touch-lcd-display-hinges-p-41349.html?zenid=0e57435dbf...

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lenovo-IdeaPad-U310-Touch-LCD-Display-Hinges-Left-and-Right-/18162867654...

these are the two types .... please help

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 638
Message 2 of 6

Re: RE: ideapad u310 touch hinge

I'm not an owner of your model, but in looking over links you have provided, I believe the picture shown in the eBay sale is incorrect.  The hinges pictured in UK PC Parts link would be the correct ones when compared to Page #90 of the diagram shown in your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual and the pictures shown in the additional eBay search I did.  Here are the results...

eBay search: 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XIdeaPad+U310+hinge...

Hardware Maintenance Manual:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_u310_u410_hmm_1st_edition_mar_2012_english....

If you are still interested in the hinges offered by that eBay seller you might want to send them a message and have them verify that the picture is correct for what they are selling.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 636
Message 3 of 6

I've included an additional link to a Lenovo Training Video for your model.  You may find the videos along with my previous link to the Hardware Maintenance Manual useful for your repair.   The video for the LCD disassembly also shows the hinge is the same style as shown in the manual.

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=487&key=TGVuZw==

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

michaelmike123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 627
Message 4 of 6

thank you very much but question. i was concerned because i didnt know if the same hinge on the u310 could work for the u310 touch but in the maintenance manual it seems like they have the same hinges. what do you think?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 623
Message 5 of 6

The Hardware Maintenance Manual is for both the U310 and U310 Touch and it is only showing the one hinge.  I would think the only difference between those two models would be the LCD.  The rest of the lid and hinge assembly would be the same.  

berge472
What's DOS?
Views: 579
Message 6 of 6

RE: ideapad u310 touch hinge

I am looking at doing the fix myself too. I found the hinges on newegg much cheaper

Newegg hinges

let me know how it goes. If I get around to doing the fix before you then Ill post results

Mod's Edit: Changed Newegg link to open a new page for viewing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals