Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doufay
Paper Tape
Views: 24,802
Message 49 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad U410 and U410 Touch broken hinge/cover

I, too, have had the same issue that users in this thread are reporting. I have a U410 bought in the spring of 2014. There was a break at the hinge and the screen is separating from the lid. I've never dropped the computer, this issue arose one day after general, every day use. I've attached photos of the issue for others to reference.hinge2.jpghinge3.jpg

11/17 EDIT: Moved to front of thread for escalation purposes. Amy_Lenovo

Highlighted
mirmahmood
Paper Tape
Views: 25,440
Message 1 of 325

Repair Issues

I am not having a very good repair experience. My exactly (to the date) 1 year Ideapad U410 hinge broke. Was not dropped or put pressure on - just poor workmanship. Sent to the 'authorized' repair centre in NOrth Bay Canada. Turn around time is 7 business days. All I get is a message - waiting for parts.  This is terrible when a large company like Lenovo can't get parts where needed.

I am going through a very rough time as my business is affected

mirmahmood
Paper Tape
Views: 25,423
Message 2 of 325

Re: Repair Issues

Lenovo - you need to consider your business reputation.

I am a board director and sit on a number of boards of public companies and large not for profits. When technology decisions are made they come to the finance committee. What do you think my suggestion will be when they suggest we buy Lenovo??

dust_bunny
What's DOS?
Views: 26,072
Message 3 of 325

U410 broken hinge/back cover

Recently, my right hinge broke off from the back cover while normal usage (closing the laptop). The plastic parts of the back cover that were holding the hinge's screws are broken.
When I viewed some diassembly videos of U410, the hinges' metal parts went all along the display and were screwed on both below and above the display. However, the hinges i have on my unit were only screwed on the bottom and didn't continue upwards (event though there is a visible screw-hole for it on the back cover). I think this must have put excessive strain on the bottom screws.
Are these half-hinges normal for U410? Can this be replaced and covered by normal Lenovo warranty?

yap93
Paper Tape
Views: 26,025
Message 4 of 325

Re: U410 broken hinge/back cover

i´ve had the same problem. (Same hinge and model)  and Lenovo Argentina (where im from) woul not take any responsabilities for it. I had to pay for the repairment and now i have 2 screws on the back of my laptop (i didnt fix it with lenovo tho, they wanted to charge like 200 dollars for it) 

i´ve read over the forum and there is a lot of people that had this problem, around half  a year, full year from the purchuase, and it seems lenovo wont take any responsabilities for it. I´m pretty mad at lenovo for this issue, and im never gonna buy a lenovo product again, or recomend it to enyone.

Altynai
Paper Tape
Views: 26,248
Message 5 of 325

Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

Hi! I have a question which is very similar to dozens of already existing here. Can i have my back cover of Lenovo Ideapad U410 fixed under warranty (cos it is still under warranty)? I have never dropped my laptop which is evident from its perfect shape and condition. The plastic hinges that connect the back cover to the base are broken. This happened during routine opening. I noticed that Lenovo did not give any satisfactory comment on the previous similar enquiries and i wonder why? How can they ignore this problem that happened because of the poor quality production and not because of bad handling?!

20140518_142505.jpg

mylenexp0
Paper Tape
Views: 21,018
Message 6 of 325

Ideapad U410 Touch- LCD screen Split Issue

Hi,

I recently bought U410 Touch Notebook and found an issue with LCD screen spilt from hinges during the course of usage. Tried reaching the authorized service center, but could get no help as they could not analyse the problem's root cause correctly and rejected the service by saying with the reason- physical damage.

Tried reaching the lenovo care by sending the snapshots of the issue, there too got no help and rejected saying it is already been investigated by the service center.

There was no physical damage happened to it as per my knowledge as I'm the only single user of it and maintained well (for professional usage). Though the display still works fine but could not use it as the problem become worsend.

It became a useless now after spending too much money on it and not able use it.

Could any one suggest in this how to take it forward to the next level of support/escalation to attend the issue properly and get required support from lenovo.

Thanks in advance

christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 25,983
Message 7 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

I faced the same problem. Sent to the authorised service centre and was told that it is not covered under warranty. How could that be? Obviously it is a manufacturer defect.

Altynai
Paper Tape
Views: 25,972
Message 8 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

Yipee, I have got my laptop fixed under the warranty!!!! They replaced the entire cover! It is a miracle )) I wish every customer will get the same level of Lenovo service like I did.

christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 20,981
Message 9 of 325

Re: Repair Issues

Hi, I would like to findout if you hinge was repaired under warranty claim. I'm very frustrated as Lenovo Malaysia refuse to honour the warranty claim though the laptop is less than a year. I would like to findout your experience.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors