Did you mean: 
julyzerg
Token Ring
Views: 4,581
Message 201 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad U410 and U410 Touch broken hinge/cover

@Kathlo wrote:

Worst support experience. Ever. Case # 8004769033

1. Known hinge issue, part backordered? I DIDN'T HAVE MY WORK COMPUTER FOR ALMOST 1 MONTH?! I would have preferred to continue to use it broken... at least I would have had my computer!

2. No communication whatsoever from technical support. CHECK ON A WEBSITE FOR NONSENSICAL UPDATES?!

3. Explicitly checked the box that said "Do not access the OS". COMPUTER WAS RETURNED WITH OPERATING SYSTEM RELOAD?! **bleep** does a hinge have to do with the OS?

I'm at a loss to describe how disappointed I was with the entire experience. Unacceptable.

But was it fixed?

1 => I guess they are too busy so every machine will take 1 month, even all you need is tighten up a scew

2 => This is ok & normal, I think they have website to check status, email and sms alert, you can't ask for more, don't expect them to call you in person unless it was required (such as need to pay $500 for this part do you agree)

3 => call and tell them you lost a data that worths $5000 to see what they say?

again was it fixed, how it feels now?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,572
Message 202 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

@al1979 wrote:

I have a similar problem with my thinkpad u310 touch. The hinge/cover doesn't open and close properlyand the screen seperates from the bezel. Is there any help I can get to resolve this issue? 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

For the U310 model please review the message thread I have linked below and the response from Amy_Lenovo regarding the problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Re-U310-Touch-Hinge/m-p/1833932#M37734

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

naitik5446
What's DOS?
Views: 4,551
Message 203 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

Unfortunately I've been very late in reading out this thread. I faced a similar issue in OCtober 2014, for my Lenovo Ideapad U410. The hinges broke off ultimately causing damage to the bezel and the LCD screen. As the laptop was already out of warranty (purchased from USA in 2012), I had the parts replaced entirely with new bezel and new LCD screen. This cost me precisely 15K INR.

To make matters worse is the fact that I'm again seeing the same issue repeated now, with only good thing for me is that the LCD display is working fine and the laptop overall condition is ok; albeit without the hinges to support. I tried to contact the local Lenovo service center in Mumbai, India and received bizarre responses suggesting poor handling of laptop and that the spare parts are no longer available with Lenovo and this won't fix at all. After spending a significant amount of money over repairs, I can't even imagine a service center guy suggesting me to have handled the laptop properly. At this moment, I've no clue whatsoever on how to get this thing resolved in India.

Is there any further assistance available from Lenovo team? I see, Amy as one of the Lenovo spokesperson over here but I'm honestly feeling let down with the responses - pretty much the usual big corp excuses and statements.

Amy/Lenovo support in case you're reading this, details for your reference:

Serial# : = QB********

WO # - 3122

Bluecom Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

Date - 3rd Nov, 2014

Total charge: 15K INR

Breakup: LCD: 7.5K, Bezel & back cover: 7.5K

Moderator note: serial number removed for member's protection.

ivunya
What's DOS?
Views: 4,490
Message 204 of 325

Hi Amy, do you have any updates on the status of this problem for U410 non-touch screen? I have the same issue the other users are describing with the right hinge on my out-of-warranty IdeaPad U410. Are there any actions that I should be taking right now to report/resolve this problem?

Thank you,

Irina

tcpekin
Paper Tape
Views: 4,436
Message 205 of 325

Hello,

I recently noticed this a few months ago, right after my warranty expired as well, but it has progressively gotten worse the entire time. I am a grad student, don't have a huge budget, and treat my few nice things very well. However, the right side hinge of my U410 has been getting worse and worse over time, and I'm afraid it will fail at any moment. This is actually so disappointing from a company of Lenovo's stature, and combined with the various WiFi problems and buggy preinstalled software, the lack of communication about how to fix this problem is convincing me to never again buy a Lenovo product. Why pay for a product that is treated like a consumable and meant to be thrown away, and that fails right out of warranty? Next time I'll save a bit more and just buy a nice Acer, Dell, or Apple laptop, whose build quality is magnitudes higher than this POS.

Additionally, besides these pointless forums, there seems to be no way to actually contact Lenovo to get a response! Their website seems to be useless in finding a person to contact via email!

Unhappily, 

tcpekin

Former Employee
Views: 4,418
Message 206 of 325

Lenovo Ideapad U410 and U410 Touch broken hinge/cover

Our investigation of reported hinge / hinge mount failure symptoms as discussed in this thread for the U310, U310 Touch, U410, U410 Touch, U430 Touch and U530 Touch has concluded. Information on this topic is available to our support agents and warranty centers. If you have experienced these symptoms and your laptop has not been dropped or otherwise accidentally damaged and is under warranty, please contact Lenovo Service for resolution.

Thank you,

NK007
Serial Port
Views: 4,336
Message 207 of 325

Dear Amy,

It's not about me only lots of member found this issue though i findout after one month of warranty expired but many of them found hinge broken issue within two or three months and If I used very well then its my fault and sorry I did not compalained before warranty expired. I am very happy to see your resonse though not satishfy with your reply and I wont consider any future business wth the lenovo.

Thanks a Lot to show the reality of lenovo.

tcpekin
Paper Tape
Views: 4,335
Message 208 of 325

If you're out of warranty are you out of luck? Some things you expect to be covered under warranty, such as getting a computer with a bad hard drive, because usually they are immediately apparent. Other parts I expected would last a longer period of time (keyboard, screen, hinges). Would it be ok if after a year the screen just stopped working? I think that's the same problem with the hinge. It is not something you initially look to check under the first year warranty and its not something I would assume warranties are for. It is understood that the screen hinges will last the lifetime of the machine, which for me is a year and a half so far. The poor hinge quality and lack of a fix for non-warranty customers is saying that Lenovo makes a consumable laptop, not something that is for long term use. If this is actually the case, I see no need to ever buy a Lenovo product again.

I baby my laptop. Thanks for the lack of quality control and sufficient testing. Things should not be breaking.

Cithel
What's DOS?
Views: 4,275
Message 209 of 325

The hinge of my U330 Touch is breaking the screen panel, same as everyone here. I have to say, I am thinking exactly the same thing a tcpekin, hinges breaking in less than 2 years is not normal. And if the problem is known, something should be done to right it.

Plus my laptop went two times in repair under warranty, and as I feared, now the that the warranty is over, it failed once again.

I am not buying anything from lenovo again. And all of my colleagues who had a good laugh at those problems probably won't either.

Highlighted
LMar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,299
Message 210 of 325

Meaning, what, exactly, Amy? As this is, clearly, a "pervasive issue" and it has also, clearly, somehow been "accidentally" timed to occur shortly after the warranty expires in most cases, what is being done for the hundreds of us with the common issue of out of warranty with this pervasive issue? I think I speak for most if not all of us here when I say we are tired of getting the run around from a company we all previously believed to be reputable enough that we spent our hard-earned money on this product. Many of us rely on our computers for our livelihoods or for the schooling that will lead to future livelihoods. Because this notice of "with warranty" computers does not really apply to those here...

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

Our investigation of reported hinge / hinge mount failure symptoms as discussed in this thread for the U310, U310 Touch, U410, U410 Touch, U430 Touch and U530 Touch has concluded. Information on this topic is available to our support agents and warranty centers. If you have experienced these symptoms and your laptop has not been dropped or otherwise accidentally damaged and is under warranty, please contact Lenovo Service for resolution.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors