Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rthtor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,099
Message 191 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad U410 and U410 Touch broken hinge/cover

Hi Amy,

Is there a resolution for this yet? I've been struggling without my U410 non-touch. Smiley Sad
skasgorgis
What's DOS?
Views: 1,074
Message 192 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

Hello amy my U410 is about two years old and my hing has broken.  can you help me find the replacement partnumber and a source 

al1979
What's DOS?
Views: 1,060
Message 193 of 325

I have a similar problem with my thinkpad u310 touch. The hinge/cover doesn't open and close properlyand the screen seperates from the bezel. Is there any help I can get to resolve this issue? 

dougtap
What's DOS?
Views: 1,042
Message 194 of 325

In the same boat as others.  U410 non-touch from July 2013 with the right side hinge largely stuck.  Luckily realized what was going on before I opened the cover too far and was able to limit the damage to the screen.  However, the lid is now loose and the laptop must remain open at all times.  

Just tried to call Lenovo tech support and was told there is no service bulletin for this issue for the u410 so this could not be covered since it was out of warranty.  I anxiously await a sensible resolution from Lenovo on this as they did with the u430 and u530.  

I have two Lenovo laptops and was about to order a third, and have been a huge fan and proponent of Lenovo for some time.  Hoping they continue to live up to expectations here.

- Doug

skasgorgis
What's DOS?
Views: 1,039
Message 195 of 325

I found the hinges from a supplier in Singapore, but want to find a dealer in U.S. So that I don't have to wait 10 days and pay $30 for shipping
If anyone knows of s parts supplier for this Lenovo part please let me know

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,035
Message 196 of 325

@skasgorgis wrote:
I found the hinges from a supplier in Singapore, but want to find a dealer in U.S. So that I don't have to wait 10 days and pay $30 for shipping
If anyone knows of s parts supplier for this Lenovo part please let me know

Here is a couple of suppliers I found in searching around.....

http://www.uspcparts.com/lenovo-ideapad-u410-lcd-display-hinges-p-32082.html

http://notebook-fan.com/new-hinges-for-lenovo-ideapad-u410-u410ifi-u410ith-p-14168.html

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

LMar
Paper Tape
Views: 910
Message 197 of 325

No surprise here, I am in the same predicament. Just wanted to let all of you know the type of "customer service" you can expect if you pursue the issue with Lenovo...

After getting a serious runaround from several people and ultimately told that they won't fix the lemon I bought, I finally got frustrated and sent an email linking to my Lenovo Sucks Twitter post. Well, then it seemed they were going to actually do something about it but instead they just wasted more of my time in writing emails back and forth with someone who was supposed to help. I was told by a couple people that they would "escalate my claim" and I would have my computer repaired. Yeah...nope. I got the laughable response some others did: "unfortunately for your particular model, there is an issue with getting the necessary parts " (this is a direct cut and paste from my email)

Well, I sent an email back with several links to vendors selling the parts, like a few of you have mentioned. Then the response became: "Thank you for providing this feedback, the hinge issue is being looked at on a case by case basis, and for your particular case, Lenovo can offer the partial refund." (the partial refund she is referring to is they offered to send me 115.50 if I gave them the computer back. Yeah, right, 'cause I can buy a new one for that price...)

Sadly, the computer is worth more as a "desktop" paperweight that does not fulfill the advertised "laptop" functionality, nor the portability one. So much for "truth in advertising."

Very disappointed in a company such as Lenovo/IBM. Worse yet...they LIED TO ME (intentional misleading is still a lie, even if you cloak it in ambiguous wording...) Don't tell me that you can't do it because parts are not available when what you mean is, (and I'm paraphrasing here) "We don't feel like helping you out even though our product is clearly defective and even though you trusted us enough to spend your hard-earned dollars on that product. We just don't care about our customers that much." Like I said, those are the way the words sounded to my consumer's ear...not the actual words uttered...

As a writer I will be sure to share my truthful experience with all that I can in order to save others from ending up with a lemon that is not backed up by the company. With all the bad publicity they have been earning lately it's really just a matter of time that Lenovo will not even be an option for suckers like us. Just imagine how many each of us have told about this, and how many they have told, and so on, and so on, and so on...

Lenovo might realize in hindsight that it would have been cheaper to just fix their poorly made product for all of us...

DOspinaAcero
What's DOS?
Views: 874
Message 198 of 325

We don't get anything by simply complaining in these forums (owned and controlled by Lenovo). I have googled similar issues outside lenovo.com and haven't obtained significant results. We should put our word out there (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to see if, at least, our issue becomes an issue for Lenovo as well.

julyzerg
Token Ring
Views: 764
Message 199 of 325

@LMar wrote:

No surprise here, I am in the same predicament. Just wanted to let all of you know the type of "customer service" you can expect if you pursue the issue with Lenovo...

After getting a serious runaround from several people and ultimately told that they won't fix the lemon I bought, I finally got frustrated and sent an email linking to my Lenovo Sucks Twitter post. Well, then it seemed they were going to actually do something about it but instead they just wasted more of my time in writing emails back and forth with someone who was supposed to help. I was told by a couple people that they would "escalate my claim" and I would have my computer repaired. Yeah...nope. I got the laughable response some others did: "unfortunately for your particular model, there is an issue with getting the necessary parts " (this is a direct cut and paste from my email)

Well, I sent an email back with several links to vendors selling the parts, like a few of you have mentioned. Then the response became: "Thank you for providing this feedback, the hinge issue is being looked at on a case by case basis, and for your particular case, Lenovo can offer the partial refund." (the partial refund she is referring to is they offered to send me 115.50 if I gave them the computer back. Yeah, right, 'cause I can buy a new one for that price...)

Sadly, the computer is worth more as a "desktop" paperweight that does not fulfill the advertised "laptop" functionality, nor the portability one. So much for "truth in advertising."

Very disappointed in a company such as Lenovo/IBM. Worse yet...they LIED TO ME (intentional misleading is still a lie, even if you cloak it in ambiguous wording...) Don't tell me that you can't do it because parts are not available when what you mean is, (and I'm paraphrasing here) "We don't feel like helping you out even though our product is clearly defective and even though you trusted us enough to spend your hard-earned dollars on that product. We just don't care about our customers that much." Like I said, those are the way the words sounded to my consumer's ear...not the actual words uttered...

As a writer I will be sure to share my truthful experience with all that I can in order to save others from ending up with a lemon that is not backed up by the company. With all the bad publicity they have been earning lately it's really just a matter of time that Lenovo will not even be an option for suckers like us. Just imagine how many each of us have told about this, and how many they have told, and so on, and so on, and so on...

Lenovo might realize in hindsight that it would have been cheaper to just fix their poorly made product for all of us...

That sucks man,$115.50 for whatever kind of refund is ridiculous, I mean parting out the machine to sell them on ebay will make more than that, so basiclly Lenovo make profit from it LOL if you agreed to take the refund (j/k). "the hinge issue is being looked at on a case by case basis" that's absolutely unacceptable, I don't know how many U-machine they've sold but it can't be large number, and see how many of them got compain about the HINGE - everywhere, so it's easy to guess the high percentage of problem/machine, and it is increasing by time. Don't they relize that doesn't matter how good you take care of this machine, the hinge will eventually broke, it called  Manufacturing Defect (the machine suppose to be portable and light right LOL) - yes they know but they didn't admit. If this problem could affect customer's health then I believe they will fix it really quick w/o any question but unfortunately here we are.

Kathlo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,100
Message 200 of 325

Worst support experience. Ever. Case # 8004769033

1. Known hinge issue, part backordered? I DIDN'T HAVE MY WORK COMPUTER FOR ALMOST 1 MONTH?! I would have preferred to continue to use it broken... at least I would have had my computer!

2. No communication whatsoever from technical support. CHECK ON A WEBSITE FOR NONSENSICAL UPDATES?!

3. Explicitly checked the box that said "Do not access the OS". COMPUTER WAS RETURNED WITH OPERATING SYSTEM RELOAD?! **bleep** does a hinge have to do with the OS?

I'm at a loss to describe how disappointed I was with the entire experience. Unacceptable.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals