cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 4,669
Message 20 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

I've seen reports for both the U410 and U410 Touch in this thread. It would help me if several people could provide the machine type, which can usually be found on the bottom of the laptop.

Thanks,

christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,778
Message 21 of 325

Hi Amy, Mine would be IdeaPad U410 Ultrabook.
csklen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,742
Message 22 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/covers

Hello Amy,
I'm having the exact same problem as showed in the above images of this thread. My laptop model is Ideapad u410 ultra book, but it's not touch. I liked this model very much for it's thin design and performance until it broke. My laptop is unusable from several months and I'm getting no support from Lenovo.

Please let me know if you need any pictures, I can post the same. I'm hoping at least you would help!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,729
Message 23 of 325

Hi all,

Amy needs the Model Number posted on your machines, it should be a five digit number on a tag that should be on the bottom of your machines.  NOT THE THE SERIAL NUMBER, just the Model Number.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
csklen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,709
Message 24 of 325

Hello Amy,

I have attached model number (20170) and other details of my latop. Please see attached

Lenovo U410 Model details

christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,711
Message 25 of 325

Hello Amy / Dave..

My model number is 20223.

Appreciate if you can help.

qqppjje
Paper Tape
Views: 4,686
Message 26 of 325

Hey Amy,

I've attatec the picture of my laptop. I've brought it to the local computer repair store, and they told me the back cover is broken. Since I've not repaired it yet, I press the pretzel back to the cover in order to use. 

qqppjje
Paper Tape
Views: 4,798
Message 27 of 325

Link to Image

Mod edit:  Converted oversized pic to link:  Please see Posting pics in the Forum

Former Employee
Views: 4,780
Message 28 of 325

Thanks for the responses and pictures. As an FYI, I am investigating both the U410 and the U410 Touch.

I have a U410 Touch coming in to show to my next level support, and have reached out to a forum member in this thread to see if we could borrow their U410 for the same purpose - testing and escalate of these reports.

I will update this thread when I have more info.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 8,828
Message 29 of 325

Lenovo Ideapad U410 and U410 Touch broken hinge/cover

I have sent in the U410 Touch that had a problem with the screen coming off. This computer belongs to my neice who about had a whole herd of cows when it happened. I have been trying to keep it together until a resolution was arrived at but it became a big enough problem that it just had to be fixed. I contacted Amy when I read this thread and offered this computer up for testing. I know being without a computer can be a hardship, but I also know that if a problem cannot be reproduced in the testing lab, the only way to get the data to fix the problem is to get users to send in their machines. The more machines volunteered to be worked on the better. Any engineer or technician will tell you the more data that is available the better the resolution will be.

I am not employed by Lenovo, I am a guru on their forum. But I only recently became a Lenovo owner myself. I also own a U410 Touch so I am watching this thread and the resolution very carefully.  I encourage others to send in your machines for testing / repairing. I am sure they will have a resolution shortly, but they need your help to do it.

10/23 EDIT: Moved to front of thread for case escalation purposes. - Amy_Lenovo

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals