Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 25,978
Message 10 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u410 broken hinge/cover

I'm very frustrated as Lenovo Malaysia refuse to honour the warranty claim though the laptop is less than a year. I would like to findout your experience. Can you let me know which service center were you referring to? The price they quoted for me to resolved the issue is more than what I paid for the new laptop a year ago. This is ridiculous.

christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 25,892
Message 11 of 325

Re: U410 broken hinge/back cover

I've the same problem and Lenovo do NOT honour the warranty claim. The price quote for repair is higher than what I paid for my laptop. They quoted me the price for the LCD module and when I asked why and how can this be... The answer I got is  "The hinge is connected to the lcd module and it comes in one set, that is why we need to quote you the LCD module." They asked me to paid about $780 for the parts & labour.. for the u410T i purchased with $680 less than a year ago. This is LENOVO..my worst experience.

@yap93 wrote:

i´ve had the same problem. (Same hinge and model)  and Lenovo Argentina (where im from) woul not take any responsabilities for it. I had to pay for the repairment and now i have 2 screws on the back of my laptop (i didnt fix it with lenovo tho, they wanted to charge like 200 dollars for it) 

i´ve read over the forum and there is a lot of people that had this problem, around half  a year, full year from the purchuase, and it seems lenovo wont take any responsabilities for it. I´m pretty mad at lenovo for this issue, and im never gonna buy a lenovo product again, or recomend it to enyone.

Altynai
Paper Tape
Views: 25,946
Message 12 of 325

Hi! Sorry to hear about your problem! I referred to the Lenovo service center (actually, not really the Lenovo center but more like a local partner company) in Astana, Kazakhstan. They've accepted my laptop immediately after they ascertained it's warranty status. But unfortunately I don't know their following actions, like where they called, where they ordered the new cover etc. I think the closest must be Russia, Omsk or Novosibirsk. 

qqppjje
Paper Tape
Views: 25,654
Message 13 of 325

Hi, I have the exacly same problem as you. I am wondering if you fixed it? I'm gonna freaking out. 

Altynai
Paper Tape
Views: 25,538
Message 14 of 325

Hi! Smiley Happy Sorry to hear about your problem. Yes they fixed it for me. They replaced the entire cover.  

Former Employee
Views: 25,500
Message 15 of 325

I wanted to let everyone know that I am investigating these reports. As I understand it from the feedback provided in this thread, some users report the U410 is experiencing hardware issues with hinges failing and the screen separating from the lid or bezel.

Is there anyone in the US who would be willing to assist me by providing a sample for testing? If so, please PM me. For non-US users, please post photos and the model type so I can add them to my investigation.

Thank you,

christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 25,449
Message 16 of 325

Nope, it wasn't as the service team insisted that it was not covered under warranty. I were devastated with the cost to replace the part since it is more than the price of the machine. I felt that I was being cheated and lied to - bought a lousy product with no quality at all. No prior laptops had given me such problems and I never thought that Lenovo, a reputable brand, would tarnish my belief on their products.
christinetan
Paper Tape
Views: 25,441
Message 17 of 325

Hi Amy,  I've been using the U410T model for a year and was glad that everything was good until  the hinge broke all of the sudden while using it. After sending it to the service center - hoping for a warranty claim (since the warranty is for 3 years), I was informed that a call will be made to us once there's an update. Unfortunately I was left waiting for more than a week without news. Tried calling may uncountable times, but always it ends up in voice mail. I'm really frustrated and disappointed with this type of the attitude. It shows that there's no professionalism when it co
mes to providing the best to the customers - including picking up phone calls and getting back to customers. Moreover, what frustrates me the most is that the team insisted that it was not covered under warranty as it is NOT manufacturer issue. Moreover, the cost to replace the part is more than the price of the machine. Is there no hope at all??? Hope for your clarification and kind assistance.

As requested, below are the photos. 

20141015_174325.jpg20141015_174425.jpg

20141015_174209.jpg

Former Employee
Views: 25,415
Message 18 of 325

I'd like to get some clarification on the model this is occuring with.

I understand it is occuring on the U410 Touch. Any one encountering this issue on a U410 with no touch screen?

10/15 EDIT: I rounded up a couple of small separate threads into this one to help get a better view of the reports.

Thanks,

Altynai
Paper Tape
Views: 21,399
Message 19 of 325

Hi Amy,

Just for an info, my laptop doesn't have a touch screen, but still this issue happened to it. 

Spoiler

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors