Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nancy212
What's DOS?
Views: 1,128
Message 321 of 325

Re: Lenovo Ideapad U410 and U410 Touch broken hinge/cover

I am coming into this a little late but sure is an eye opener.  My hinge broke in early 2016 while in my lap and a flame came out of the computer simultaneously. The warranty was up. Gotta love quality products.

irvin1
Punch Card
Views: 1,103
Message 322 of 325

Yes, indeed. Lenovo is waiting for it to go away.

TKTheng
Paper Tape
Views: 756
Message 323 of 325

Hi, I came in a little late as well, mine is a U41 series. It gave me the same problem as well having the hinge giving me cracking sign if the lid was closed fully and to be open up again. The problem came in JUST AFTER the warranty and the operator also told me that is will not be cover under warranty. I mean, it is a manufacturing defect, where I have never dropped my laptop before, why would it not be cover under warranty? And should we expect ALL Lenovo products to only function as much time as the warranty? I am very disappointed on Lenovo products and the way they resolve our inquiry and not taking any responsibility towards their manufacturing defects.

angryllama
Serial Port
Views: 741
Message 324 of 325

If you purchased unit with your credit card- your credit card will extend original warranty up to one year. Call credit card company to get process started. Beyond that, use your voice to inform others why not to buy Lenovo products.

TKTheng
Paper Tape
Views: 736
Message 325 of 325

Sadly I am a cash buyer, but thank you very much for the information llama Smiley Happy

To be frank, I am not trying to make Lenovo look bad but merely sharing my user experience as I feel that Lenovo is not taking up the responsibility as a manufacturer towards their defect up to this point.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors