Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magnusamsterdam
Paper Tape
Views: 6,054
Message 111 of 204

Re: U310 Touch Hinge

Hello all,

great to hear that Lenovo steps up here. However, in most countries you have right to free repair even outside of warranty by law. Check what your country's warranty laws are. You have right to a proper product and this is obviously a design fault!

Will Lenovo then compensate the ones that have already paid for the repair to be done?

alb22ert
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,019
Message 112 of 204

Does it mean if I contact Lenovo customer service and tell them about the solution they would repair my laptop hinge U310T for free, I can assure you that my laptop has not been dropped. Do I need any reference number?
Former Employee
Views: 6,005
Message 113 of 204

In answer to your questions, Lenovo has been investigating the symptoms discussed in this thread, and service should be able to address hinge issues for U310 touch and U410 touch models under warranty at this time. In addition, there is coverage at this time for these specific symptoms even if warranty has expired. Again, please contact service.

Investigation remains underway for non-touch models of U310 and U410 as well as the U530 Touch. I’ll provide further updates once this comes to a conclusion.

Cjepp21
Paper Tape
Views: 5,997
Message 114 of 204

Update: I did as Amy told me to and first and foremost, you must reference this forum because this problem/solution has not been updated into their system yet apparently. Secondly, as Amy mentioned, at this time computers under warrant are the ONLY computers that can be fixed for FREE. In other words, if your laptop is no longer under warranty, then you will HAVE to PAY the $99 initial fee so that they can assess and potentially repair your laptop assuming there are no other parts missing or otherwise damaged. So when Amy stated that there is "coverage at this time for these specific symptoms even if warranty has expired" she meant that you STILL HAVE TO PAY! Unless the employee and manager were complete idiots and did not understand what was meant by Amy's statement, there is no actual FREE coverage even if the warranty has expired. Amy, please be more specific on whether the coverage for the laptop with a hinge issue is FREE or if we still have to PAY the initial $99, it would make working with Lenovo's staff a lot easier instead of giving us false hope for those who have a laptop no longer under warranty. I am skeptical to send my laptop in for $99 to get it repaired where they could potentially lie to me stating there are other parts damaged/missing that need to be repaired. I recently purchased a new laptop, NOT A LENOVO TYPE MODEL, as a substitute until this problem was solved. I only have 25 more days until I can no longer return my substitute laptop and get a full refund. Please get this problem solved for us with no warranty before those 25 days are up! I don't want to have to pay more cash to fix a problem that is clearly a manufacturing error!
CCaffrey
What's DOS?
Views: 5,980
Message 115 of 204

Same problem here. 2 months out of warranty.

I called support and referenced this thread and got esclated to a case manager. I'm supposed to receive a followup phone call within 3 business days.  We'll see...

Cjepp21
Paper Tape
Views: 5,962
Message 116 of 204

Update: I called Lenovo up again and spoke with the employee referencing Amy's last comment. The employee showed his supervisor the post and approved the repair, free of charge. All I have to pay for is the shipment to the support center. Thank you Amy for your diligent effort in investigating and getting it all figured out. I was told it would take around 7 business days from the moment they get my laptop to fix it and send it back. I'll keep everyone posted on the process.
rit61
Paper Tape
Views: 5,945
Message 117 of 204

Amy_Lenovo and Cjepp21,

thank you for your perseverance to address this hardware deficiency for all
of us that are affected and keeping the community forum informed. It will
help renew faith in Lenovo as a company, but especially the human
determination for righteousness. I will await your results and then will
act accordingly.

Former Employee
Views: 5,833
Message 118 of 204

I wanted to share that I have received a few PMs regarding lack of support when forum members contacted Lenovo for service. I am assisting these forum members. If service is unable to assist you, please PM me your case number. 

Just a reminder - if you are experiencing this issue on a U310 Touch or U410 Touch and have not yet contacted support, please do.

Happy holidays to all,

Amy

Cjepp21
Paper Tape
Views: 5,758
Message 119 of 204

Update: Lenovo received my laptop and upon inspecting it they sent me an e-mail with a billable repair quotation of $489, where I purchased my laptop for $435. The description I was given for that which would be repaired was "Hinge issue, LCD panel." These were the exact reasons I sent it in because the manager, after having inspected this forum, approved of the no-cost repair. I called up customer service and explained the situation once again. The rep talked to their manager and informed me they would speak with the techs and I should be informed a few days after the holidays if they would repair cost-free. I was contacted yesterday in which I was informed that they would not repair it, but instead give me a full refund for the price I paid for the laptop. Whether they decided to refund me the money because they would actually lose $$$ in repairing my laptop, I'm not sure, though I have my suspicions. I also installed a SSD into my laptop before having it sent in expecting my laptop to be repaired and sent back to me with the SSD still in my laptop. However, once I heard they wouldn't repair the laptop I was concerned that I wouldn't get my SSD back. Fortunately, Greg Brethour, the man who was in charge over my case, was very helpful and understanding and promised me that I would receive my check and SSD in the mail. I'll post an update once my check and SSD comes in the mail.
KW5
Paper Tape
Views: 5,419
Message 120 of 204

We have a 3 month old U530 touch with broken hinges that resulted in a broken screen,  Went through our warranty with Best Buy and it's going to be at least a month for repair.  Is there a way that Lenova can fix it sooner?  If Best Buy will replace the computer, is there a way to prevent this from happening again or should we just choose a different computer?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors