Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indigo_SWE
Paper Tape
Views: 7,267
Message 1 of 6

Reinstall Lenovo IdeaPad S510p With Windows 7 sp1

HI Support.

I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad S510p with WIN8 as a gift,  and now I need to reinstallt this with an operating system that they feel comfortable in using. It will be WIN7SP1.

Is there any known issues with this version and WIN7 so I cant "downgrade" it to WIN7?

Or do you think I will be able to find all related drivers to win7?

Guess I cant buy image from you for this? Smiley Happy

Thanks for help..

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 7,232
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reinstall Lenovo IdeaPad S510p With Windows 7 sp1

hi Indigo_SWE,

Welcome to the Forums.

Regarding your questions:

1: As the drivers for Windows 7 are available in the Lenovo support site, downgrading the S510p to Window 7 is definitely possible. One thing to note though is that the Lenovo Energy Management for Windows 7 is not available yet so you may have some problems toggling the Fn key combinations. Check this article for more info about Lenovo Energy Management.

Other issues found by other users:

Windows 7 Combo Jack Realtek driver problem

Ideapad s510p driver problem Win7

2. As most of the drivers are available in the lenovo website, you may also need to visit the maker of the device (i.e. Intel website for Intel Graphics driver) in an event that the oem driver fails to load.

3. AFAIK, if a certain unit only comes with preloaded Windows 8 standard, the recovery image.will just be Windows 8 standard. You may need to use a retail copy of Windows 7 to downgrade.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Indigo_SWE
Paper Tape
Views: 7,138
Message 3 of 6

Ok I am stupid, just to admit. Bought a win7 disk, and booted..

I thought, hmm the partition with 8xxgb seems to be OS disk, lets try to format that one then.

Did that, now I cant start anything, cause cant install the OS here based on GPT?

Does anyone know how to proceed? I cant find any way of restore WIN8 either now, caused by formatted wrong partition?

There are plenty of different partitions here, what does all of them do? Smiley Happy 8 different partitions, all smaller ofcourse.

you are not allowed to install windows on this partition, the partition is reserved by computers OEM vendor.?

Please help me!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 7,101
Message 4 of 6

hi Indigo_SWE,

The Windows 7 installation disk that you purchased is most likely a legacy (MBR) installer and is not a UEFI installer (which explains the "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style" error).

To fix it, try one of the following:

Option 1:

Follow this guide on how to create a Windows 7 UEFI installer and boot from it to install Windows 7.

If the Windows 7 installation hangs, ensure that you set the following in the BIOS (if applicable):

Exit Tab:

OS Optimized Defaults = Other OS / Disabled

Option 2:

1. After booting the Windows 7 (legacy installer), press the Shift key+F10 to open a command prompt and type the following:

list disk

sel disk 0 (where disk 0 is the internal HDD)

clean (this will wipe all partition information and re-initializes the HDD)

exit

2. Close the command prompt and install Windows 7 on the unallocated space.

If the Windows 7 installation hangs, ensure that you set the following in the BIOS (if applicable):

Boot Tab:

UEFI = Disabled / Legacy

UEFI Boot = Legacy First

Exit Tab:

OS Optimized Defaults = Other OS / Disabled

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

krishna_moon999
Paper Tape
Views: 2,864
Message 5 of 6

how can i activate my novo button or factory restore key in my lenovo S510p as because when i purchased it it comes with DOS
krishna_moon999
Paper Tape
Views: 2,843
Message 6 of 6

neokenchi please give me the solution of my problem

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors