Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anupaminsf
Paper Tape
Views: 685
Message 1 of 7

Replacing display on Ideapad S400 model 20283

Hello folks,

It is my first time posting on the forums. I wonder if someone could help me figure out *how to* replace a cracked screen on my  S400 touch/model 20283. (The replacement screen is on the way.)

I searched the forum without luck and then looked up youtube and found two different tutorials- one for s415 and one for S400/model 20195 (links below), neither of which is my model 20283. Which one of these should I use or is there another way altogether that you can point me to?

S400/model 20195 screen repl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCLavfx7Zbk

S415 screen repl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVx5YRHrQeg

Guru
Views: 657
Message 2 of 7

Re: Replacing display on Ideapad S400 model 20283

Hi there! Here's the service training guide for the S400, which has instructions on the removal and replacement of the LCD panel: http://lenovolearning.bhivesoft.com/bhive/t/1004/course_launch_frame.jsp?id=7996

Also, here's the HMM for your model. Refer to page 51 and 52, along with page 65 on instructions on replacing the LCD panel. 

Part numbers for the LCD Panel + Touch are:  18201042, 18201133 (both will work, just different suppliers)

Hope that helps Smiley Wink

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

anupaminsf
Paper Tape
Views: 629
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Eric. The service training FRU videos were helpful in figuring out how the machine can be disassembled but they don't show the quickest way to replace a single component. (The HMM wasn't hyperlinked, would you send a link)

Perhaps someone who has replaced a screen on one of these could list the steps?

Guru
Views: 624
Message 4 of 7

Here's the HMM: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_s400touch_hmm.pdf

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

anupaminsf
Paper Tape
Views: 609
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Eric. The HMM is organized identical to the videos - stepwise laptop disassembly with LCD as the last step. 

Guru
Views: 607
Message 6 of 7

Looks like you can just remove the LCD bezel as the first step without taking apart the other parts. Or, you can remove the display assembly from the rest of the computer and then follow the steps from the HMM. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

ajleibow
What's DOS?
Views: 547
Message 7 of 7

Hi Eric.

I saw this thread, and i too need to replace my screen.  I would really benefit from your guidance.

This is my model:

Lenovo - IdeaPad 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive

• Model: S400 - 59385916
  • SKU: 2282054

The laptop came with a touchscreen, but I dont use the touch features and would be happy to instead put in a non-touch.  I am having trouble figuring out which screen is the right one.  I found this one on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/122081270855)  

Would this be compatable?

Thank you so much!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors