Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANokk
Paper Tape
Views: 4,710
Message 1 of 11

S10-3t Battery light flashing White and Orange

My S10-3t (new almost exactly a year ago) is not booting. Please note that when I got it I upgraded the RAM to 2gb and the Hard Drive to a 500gb drive that has not failed me. I am using Linux, and threw out all the backup stuff, so that is not an option. The problem is that the battery indicator light is flashing orange and white at the same time (a mix of both colors), and it does this when the battery is in and out. The AC adapter works fine, since the netbook is getting power from it when the battery is out. If you need more info then tell me and I will provide it.

TL;DR: The computer does not boot and my battery indicator light is flashing two colors at the same time, no matter if the battery is in or not. The problem is not with the AC adapter. 

EDIT: Update below.

ANokk
Paper Tape
Views: 4,690
Message 2 of 11

Re: S10-3t Battery light flashing White and Orange

Well, it was like this for a week. Now, after I got home from a movie, it was on (power light and battery indicator were solid white), but the screen was not on. So I took it partially apart (to the point I can access the connection between the sceen and MB), and tried again. It worked. I have no Idea what happend, but any suggestions would help future people with a similar problem. 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,685
Message 3 of 11

try this trick : remove the battery, un-plug the ac power, press power button for 30-40 seconds, then insert the battery, check if it works.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
ANokk
Paper Tape
Views: 4,615
Message 4 of 11

The problem seems to be back. It was re -occuring since it first came up, but solved itself in about an hour or two. To clarify, this is a situation in which I can boot, but the system does not seem to charge. It is getting power from the adaptor, as the light still blinks (red and white at the same time )when the battery is out, but it cannot power on when that is happening. I have deduced it is not a battery problem, and it does not seem to be an AC adaptor problem (I am about to check with a voltometre). 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,597
Message 5 of 11

could be power issue. do you have valid warranty?

ANokk
Paper Tape
Views: 4,595
Message 6 of 11

I do not think the warrenty is still valid since I got it last August.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,592
Message 7 of 11

any local technical service where you live?

ANokk
Paper Tape
Views: 4,589
Message 8 of 11

There are, but I was wanting to see if I could fix it myself. (I am pretty tech savy and am not afraid to take my machine apart).

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,587
Message 9 of 11

could be power button issue. have you tried to start-up your computer with one key recover or quick start button?

ANokk
Paper Tape
Views: 4,585
Message 10 of 11

It does still turn on completely when the battery has enough power to do so, so I think it is an AC adapter problem, or a motherboard problem (the connection from the power input to the battery). 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors