cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcintron
Punch Card
Views: 2,103
Message 1 of 16

S10-3t - Inconsistent Multi-touch results - Ideas?

I thought and was told this thing is multitouch!

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate from scratch, which by the way works! Installed all the drivers from D: drives and updated quite a few from the website... 

Extremely disappointed with the fact Natural Touch Application and Drivers are not available for download. Interesting - cause that's the Application Lenovo use's to leads us to believe the machine is multitouch. 

But the real test will be to open Microsoft Paint and try drawing there with two fingers simultaneously! No go, eh??

Nice Job Lenovo fooling your customers with an App such as Natural Touch...

(I think there's a potential for a lawsuit here; marketing something there's not provided!)

Admin Edit - as the discussion has progressed, several statements should be revised.  Editing title to more fairly depict the situation and not mislead others.   Will look into the availability of Natural Touch application - thanks for the feedback!

evldave
Punch Card
Views: 2,084
Message 2 of 16

Re: S10-3t Not Really Multitouch!!!! :-(

hmmm, interesting...I also installed Win7 Ultimate from scratch and put in all new updated drivers.  I don't have Natural Touch installed, but can use multitouch in a number of other applications (ie Firefox), and have used multi-touch in the MS Touch Pack.  Perhaps you are expecting multi-touch in apps that don't support it?

PengLord
Punch Card
Views: 2,082
Message 3 of 16

It works in paint, that was one of the first things I tried. I'd bet your drivers are screwed up.

1 finger works

2 fingers work

3 fingers seem to confuse the crap out of it.

kickaha
Token Ring
Views: 2,070
Message 4 of 16

* nips into Paint

* draws with two fingers

* comes out of Paint

* posts results for Home Premium

jcintron
Punch Card
Views: 2,054
Message 5 of 16

I'm about to eat my words here! (and apologize)Smiley Happy

I still have not been able to use two touch in paint. But yes all other application that support two touch seems to respond accordingly and, looking in My Computer, Properties - the System reports back under "Pen and Touch": "Touch Input Available with 2 Touch Points"!

So I guess I'm doing something wrong with paint???

PengLord
Punch Card
Views: 2,047
Message 6 of 16

Even though it is only a novelty, I understand the desire to make it work. I didn't have to adjust any special setting and can't find any to tweak, it really did just work for me. From what I can tell, each finger will use the same color though.

kickaha
Token Ring
Views: 2,012
Message 7 of 16

I have noticed that it does not work if you select "pencil", but works if you select a "brush".

user1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,855
Message 8 of 16

This netbook comes preinstalled with Windows 7 Starter Edition, which doesn't support multi-touch. Since the computer was advertised as supporting multi-touch, it's pretty ridiculous that you have to pay $100+ for a copy of Windows for that functionality. Note that the touchpad still supports mult-touch out of the box, but the touch screen doesn't.

user1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,853
Message 9 of 16

You also can't change the desktop background, which is annoying. You can go to the start menu->all programs->Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade your Windows, or call up Lenovo and complain.

Former Administrator
Views: 1,797
Message 10 of 16

Re: S10-3t Multi-touch experiences

All,

Based on how this discussion is progressing, I'm changing the title of the thread as I think it is misleading.

I would suggest that this might be inconsistent multitouch behavior rather than declaring the system as not having multi-touch capability and  that Lenovo is deliberately deceiving purchasers.   We can review the marketing messages to ensure they most accurately reflect both the hardware and overall configuration capabilities as shipped.

We can ill look into the availability of Natural Touch for download.

Thanks for the continued feedback - excellent discussion!

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors