Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p33p0tastic
What's DOS?
Views: 4,378
Message 1 of 54

S10-3t , S103t Cracked Screen

Hi All

I've noticed many references to cracked screens on the S10-3t - i open mine one day and found it cracked.

This seems to be a common problem for this model as it appeared out of the Blue and I'm careful with my machines.

Anyone else with the same issue please comment.

Dragonsdesyre
Paper Tape
Views: 4,314
Message 2 of 54

Re: S10-3t , S103t Cracked Screen

I actually had the same exact problem.  I called the Lenovo Warranty number and after insisting that I didn't break the screen, they sent me the Inventory Sheet to have it  sent to the repair center.  The woman who answered my call had to be convinced that the crack wasn't  'user damage', and in fact advised me that the repair center would determine if I had caused the problem before repairing it to get my credit card number.  However, I received the confirmation text and email today that my machine had been repaired and was on its way back to me.  Way to go, Lenovo!!!

I did pay to have the unit sent to the repair center, but $15 beats a much more costly repair.  Good luck and hope this info helps. 

cristoruz
What's DOS?
Views: 4,209
Message 3 of 54

My screen cracked today when I open it and i take good care of it. It has a cracked that goes from the left part of the screen to the bottom part 

aravindgan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,148
Message 4 of 54

my screen of S10-3t also cracked today...!!Netbook is just a month old and i hardly used it!! can anyone guide me how to get it fixed?
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,117
Message 5 of 54

Hi All,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I love s10-3t too and wish to own it but i have enough machine for now.

Speaking of the cracked screen, i'm curious about it. Do you mind to post picture of the cracked screen?

ANyhow, i'm not sure this is an individual issue or not. Let me see if there is any variance here, but i need your help providing me some info just like below:

• Machine Type Model
  • Serial Number
  • Operating System

Can you help me with that? At the moment, i advise you to approach our service centre or make a call for repair.

Thank you.

Regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
dapostol
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,092
Message 6 of 54

I have to report the same problem. I bought my s10-3t in August and within a month a crack developed on the touch panel rendering it useless. The crack started on the bottom right part of the screen during a calibration of the touch panel which seemed unresponsive at the time. After that it gradually  reached the opposite side of the screen. I called  Lenovo Greece and explained the problem but they denied any warranty claims and asked 300 euro for the repair of a laptop costing 400 euro total. Iam very disappointed by their late response times and their reluctance to investigate the issue further. I tried to point them to this forum to see the claims of other users to no avail. Of course there was no email exchange, only phone calls  with them so I cannot prove the above accusations. So far a very bad experience with a very reputable laptop manufacturer.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,086
Message 7 of 54

Hi dapostol,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

In response to your problem, i deeply feel for you. In my opinion, service centre should have taken a look at your machine first. I want to help. Can you provide me the details below and i'll see what can be done?

• Full Name
  • Phone Contact
  • Email address
  • Machine Type Model
  • Serial Number
  • Case number by call centre (optional)

Also, can you attach the picture of the cracked screen for my reference?

Appreciate that. I hope i can do something in this case.

Best regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
dapostol
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,065
Message 8 of 54

@Cleo_Lenovo

I have sent you a private message with some of the details. Thanks again for the interest.

aravindgan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,958
Message 9 of 54

Hi Cleo,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have regisered the complaint to Lenovo but they are saying it cannot be serviced under warranty!!

I should not have gone for lenovo..!!

Model number is S10-3t..

Product number: 59031707

I think Lenovo has to consider this problem seriously

Regards,

Aravind.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,857
Message 10 of 54
Moved: