cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
folgiati
What's DOS?
Views: 3,245
Message 1 of 4

S10 - One Key Recovery - Select Drive combo box is empty when I try to create a recovery disk

I have ORK 6.0 preinstalled and I created a backup as soon as I bought the machine.

The backup worked fine but I can not create recovery disks since the combo box where you are supposed to chose the drive where the backup will be copied is empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 

Retired Guru
Views: 3,216
Message 2 of 4

Re: S10 - One Key Recovery - Select Drive combo box is empty when I try to create a recovery disk

To create recovery disks, you need an optical drive capable of writing to either CD or DVD media [depending on which method you are using]. I don't  think the S10 has an optical drive so you are left with two options.

1) Connect an USB CD or DVD writer and create the recovery disks.

2) Use VirtualCD to create a virtual CD/DVD writer to which you can write your recovery disks and then transfer to another computer

I would actually recommend that after you have created recovery disks, that you look into creating a recovery USB instead of having to carry an USB optical drive with you all the time. Since the recovery disk is based off of Windows PE 2.0, you can do step 3 in this article to make your USB flash drive bootable. Then copy all the files on the recovery disk to the USB. If you use max compression when creating the backup, you can get away with using a 4GB flash drive.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
folgiati
What's DOS?
Views: 3,144
Message 3 of 4

Re: S10 - One Key Recovery - Select Drive combo box is empty when I try to create a recovery disk

Luis

I decided to follow option 2 , and I have just installed Virtual Cd.

Seems a little more complicated than Alcohol program and I couldn't make the backup since Lenovo program tells me there is no media on the drive.

Could you give me some hints / tips?

Thanks for all your help

Fabio

folgiati
What's DOS?
Views: 3,107
Message 4 of 4

Luis

Finally I found a virtual cd handbook and I think I got it.

Thanks

Fabio

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors