cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plusnplus
What's DOS?
Views: 1,076
Message 1 of 5

S10 owner, can confirm that power adapter in your package is Lenovo brand or oem brand?

Hi all,

I just bought new Lenovo S10 (or S10e, the screen is glossy type). My package come with oem power adapter.

Anyone can confirm, I should get lenovo power adapter or since begining, lenovo only provide oem power adapter for all S10?

I very disappointed when I call Lenovo technical support hotline, they said, lenovo or oem brand same, similiar, same function, etc.

Then why they have lenovo.com ? lenovo word mean nothing right ?

Plusnplus
What's DOS?
Views: 1,031
Message 2 of 5

Re: S10 owner, can confirm that power adapter in your package is Lenovo brand or oem brand?

Anyone (S10 owner) can help me?

For 1st time in 20 years, bought 10+ notebooks, from different major brand, only this time I found out the lenovo S10 package not come with original brand power adapter.

hpholm
802.11n
Views: 1,012
Message 3 of 5

Re: S10 owner, can confirm that power adapter in your package is Lenovo brand or oem brand?

Hi Plusnplus,

My S10e (4187-5LG, January 2009) came with a Li Shin power adapter ... And a WD hard drive, a Sanyo battery + internal components from lots of other manufacturers! The Lenovo warranty on the whole package (except the battery) is 2-4 times better than the minimum requirements in Denmark. That is what makes the difference for me.

By the way: The power adapter for my IBM L40SX (~1991) portable computer is "made in Japan" OEM with an IBM sticker on it.

--

Hans

frankjg
Punch Card
Views: 992
Message 4 of 5

All my S10,s came with Li Shin power supplies. Makes no difference who supplies the power adaptor. Rather like buying a Ford car equiped with a Interstate battery.

Frank

Frank
Kenmore, WA
USA
yus9
802.11n
Views: 984
Message 5 of 5

No problem... just notify your Lenovo provider.

Agreed that most of the products we buy are comprised of parts not only from

many different manufacturers, but also from a multitude of countries.

Still it makes me feel secure to see Lenovo labels on all parts when I open the box.

In this instance, I'm guessing that the Lenovo label was not put on.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors