Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyhrfc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,813
Message 1 of 4

S10e Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet NIC

Hi,

Has anyone else encountered a problem where the NIC is no longer communicating? In Windows XP I'm being told my network cable is unplugged - I've checked and double checked everything. I have used different cables (which have all worked from my other laptop) - have uninstalled/reinstalled the broadcom driver, restored to a restore point of 2 weeks ago, and even taken the drastic step of rebuilding the notebook, but still no joy! On checking the device and driver, it states that all is working correctly.

I'm not getting a connection either when using the web client available in the lenovo startup options which I assume negates any Windows XP cause of the problem.

I'm starting to consider that the NIC has a hardware fault which the netbook is not picking up. 

Wi-fi on the other hand is working fine.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Retired Guru
Views: 1,785
Message 2 of 4

Re: S10e Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet NIC

Try installing the latest driver release from Broadcom. Click.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
jimmyhrfc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,780
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I had already tried this, along with many other things. Having spoken with Lenovo support the cause of the problem appears to be a hardware fault either with the integrated NIC or the motherboard itself. Given that the netbook is now also randomnly rebooting (this has only started occurring since this morning), this only adds to confirm that I am looking at a more sinister problem and errs towards a motherboard issue.

Many thanks

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,768
Message 4 of 4

Time for a warranty repair?
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors