Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-04-2009

luxemburg

21 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 1 of 3

S10e: Considerable Keyboard Flex

2009-05-09, 1:25 AM

Greetings,

my S10e Keyboard shows considerable flex on its right side. Especially the backspace and the insert keys make a very noticeable rattling sound when pressed. Anybody else notice the same problem? Is this another model fault (next to the thermal problems and the erratic fan)?

Is there any way to fix this problem?

I bought my S10e online in Germany and just in case I'll have to send this unit back, where do I send it to? Back to the online store? I'd be very grateful for some help on this matter.

Sincerely,
paddes

P.S.: This Netbook is slowly getting on my nerves. First the erratic fan, the intolerable noise and now this keyboard-flex problem. My CPU temp reaches 46 degrees celsius just from surfing around the net while writing this post. This is just insane! Is there any way to get a refund on this crappy piece of hardware?

Moderator note: Type added to subject line for clarity.

Message Edited by Agotthelf on 12-05-2009 09:31 AM
Options

53 Posts

03-24-2009

Norway

423 Signins

1445 Page Views

• Views: 1445
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Considerable Keyboard Flex

2009-05-09, 12:47 PM
Yeah - same thing here. I just opened the palm rest and put a piece of double sided (glue on both sides) tape under there. No flex now. :)
Options

4 Posts

05-10-2009

Australia

34 Signins

201 Page Views

• Views: 201
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Considerable Keyboard Flex

2009-05-11, 14:06 PM

I have a small amount of keyboard flex I am unhappy about, although it is a small area around the upper right which only affects my delete, insert abd backspace button. I tested the demo model instore, and it did not have any problems, but the one I purchased had this annoying flex and it is not covered by warranty?

very annoying, my next replacement will be an eeepc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms