Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-25-2020

South Africa

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

S145-15IWL blue screens after Intel HDC 17.7.0.1006 update

2020-08-25, 15:27 PM

Hi 

I have an IdeaPad S145-15IWL. After the last Windows updates, the laptop has constant blue screens as soon as it boots up. They have been for all different reasons (DRIVER_OVERRANSTACKBUFFER, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I tried restoring to a restore point before the last Windows updates, but that failed. I tried a system restore, which also failed. I then downloaded a Windows 10 2004 image from Microsoft and did a complete clean install. But as soon as Windows updates happened, there were immediate blue screens again. I was able to restore to a restore point before the updates, then used the Microsoft Show or Hide Updates tool to install updates one by one.

The update that results in the blue screens is called "Intel Corporation - HDC - 17.7.0.1006".

Looking at the Microsoft Update Catalog, this was released on 7 August 2019, and last update was 9 February 2020. I am not sure why it has only just been offered as an update now.

But I can see in the Microsoft Update Catalog that there are a lot of updates labelled "Intel Corporation - HDC" but with different version numbers. Looking at ones with a later version number, they seem to be for different chipsets.

Has anyone else had problems with this driver? Is it possible to determine if there is a later driver update that is compatible with my laptop? Should I just continue to ignore this update?

Regards

David

Options

5 Posts

08-21-2020

Brazil

7 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:S145-15IWL blue screens after Intel HDC 17.7.0.1006 update

2020-08-25, 23:26 PM

Hi David. I talk from Brazil and I am having the same problem. I just couldn't identify the origin just like you. I realized that the problem happened to me after a BIOS update. Couldn't that be a factor too? I'm trying to find the previous version of the BIOS to do a test, but I'm not getting it.

Options

2 Posts

08-25-2020

South Africa

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:S145-15IWL blue screens after Intel HDC 17.7.0.1006 update

2020-08-26, 7:27 AM

Hi Flavio

My laptop has UEFI. The last update was two months ago. There was no problem after that. It was only after the Intel HDC driver update.

Regards

David

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)