cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hippodog
What's DOS?
Views: 1,972
Message 1 of 3

S205 - Steps to create a bootable USB drive using One Key Recovery (OKR) for backup image.

Hi Guys,

I just got my new S205.  I am wondering how to backup the Windows OS including all factory settings to a bootable USB drive using One Key Recovery (OKR) 7.0. Basically I am afriad one day, my harddrive is failed or if I want to replace harddrive, I can reimage the harddrive back to factory setting and its OS (win 7).  Would you share with me on the steps to do so?

I opened the OKR software and click on "Create Recovery Disk" -> "Factory Default Setting Disk" and Next,  I couldn't see my USB drive? any one knows why?

thanks in advance.

New S205 owner.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,957
Message 2 of 3

Re: S205 - Steps to create a bootable USB drive using One Key Recovery (OKR) for backup image.

hi hippodog.

it's because usb drivers are not compatible with okr 7. but you can use external hdd to create backups.

hope this helps. 

okr.png 

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Squeeky
Punch Card
Views: 1,949
Message 3 of 3

Re: S205 - Steps to create a bootable USB drive using One Key Recovery (OKR) for backup image.

I was able to do this, but it required reconfiguration of the HDD in my S205 (320 GB hard drive).

I used the built-in Windows Disk Management tool to shrink the size of my C: drive to 56,320 MB. [To accomplish this, I had to disable hibernation, and disable the swap file on the C: drive; and then re-enabled both after the process was complete.]  56,320 MB is more than enough space for the OS and all of the programs that I have installed (including the Professional version of Microsoft Office).

I then increased the size of the D: drive to 233,614 MB.

You can use different drive sizes, of course, but the D: drive must be of adequate size for the backup image.

Once the HDD is reconfigured, you can use One Key Recovery to backup your C: drive to your D: drive.  From there, it can be copied to a USB (or copied across the network, etc. ... I've done both). Yes, it is 2 steps, but it's really easy.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors